Carmel, Indiana Car Donations: Help Ease Burdens on Our Veterans
Our Carmel, Indiana car donations program provides funds to nonprofit organizations that are working to promote our veterans’ welfare. Our military and veteran non-profit organization partners are undertaking programs that are meant to ease the burdens faced by our veterans during their transition back to civilian life. These programs provide the following services to our veterans:
- Support for our unsung heroes and their families
- Assistance in transition to civilian life
- Finance the building of mortgage-free and specially adapted homes all over the country for severely injured post 9/11 veterans
- Fight for the interests of injured troops on Capitol Hill
- Funding jobs and skills training for unemployed veterans
- Providing educational scholarships for undergraduate former soldiers
- Educating the public about veterans’ sacrifices and needs after retirement
Save Lives in Comfort of Your Home
We forward the proceeds of the sale of your Carmel, Indiana car donations to our partners to enable them to implement these programs for the benefit of our retired troops and their families. Through your generous Carmel, Indiana car donations, you will be able to save and positively transform the lives of our needy veterans without leaving the comfort of your home.
The Problems Besetting Our Veterans
The programs of our nonprofit partners are meant to address the problems besetting our veterans:
- An estimated 20 percent of veterans who served in Iraq have been diagnosed with either depression or post-traumatic stress disorder and that 20 percent of Americans who die by suicide every year are veterans. There were around 4 million U.S. veterans in 2016, according to data from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- More than 4 million veterans are living below the poverty line while another 1.4 million are just above the line, according to a U.S. Senate report in 2011.
- Unemployment is much higher among post 9-11 veterans than the general population, according to the Department of Labor.
- In 2010, the VA estimated that on any given night there were 76,000 homeless veterans sleeping on American streets.
- Veterans are 50 percent more likely to become homeless than other Americans due to poverty, lack of support networks, and dismal living conditions in overcrowded or substandard housing, according to Greendoors.org. Research shows that the greatest risk factors for homelessness are lack of support and social isolation after discharge.
Car Donation Process for Veterans in Carmel, Indiana
We, at Veteran Car Donations, value your time, so we made sure that the Carmel, Indiana car donations process is quick and easy. There are three steps in this process, but you only have to follow the first one.
Step 1: You can visit our website and fill out our online car donation form. You may also call us at 877-594-5822. You will be assisted by our phone representatives through the Carmel, Indiana car donations process and they will gather information about your vehicle such as:
- Your vehicle’s make and model
- Your preferred time and date for pick-up
- Your vehicle’s location for pick-up
Step 2: After we verified the information you provided, we will make arrangements with a local tow company to tow your vehicle for free. The local tow company will contact you within 24 to 48 hours.
Step 3: The tow company will pick up your vehicle and will hand you a receipt to release you from all liabilities. You can then use the receipt to file a top tax deduction.
We will then place your car on the auction block. After your car is sold, we will send you by mail your tax receipt indicating the amount you can claim for a tax deduction.
Donate to Carmel, Indiana car donations now to give our veterans a better life. Call us at 877-594-5822 to show your support to our struggling heroes.
Carmel, Indiana: One of America’s Fastest Growing Cities
Carmel, Indiana is one of the fastest growing cities in the United States. It was tagged by CNN Money Magazine as one of the best places to live in. Carmel City is a suburban city located in the Hamilton County, north-west of Indiana.
Carmel City’s original name was Bethlehem, but this was changed to Carmel in 1874. The original inhabitants of Carmel City were Quakers, a Christian group which came from England. The city’s first business was fur trading.
The rails of the Monon Railroad were laid through Carmel City in 1882. The following year, the first depot was opened. The railroad depot remained open to the public until 1974. It underwent restoration under Carmel-Clay Historical Society.
Conner Prairie is one of the best places to go to when you are near Carmel City, Indiana. The historic museum is an interactive history park that offers a lot of activities for families or groups like workshops and art classes. It is one of the best places to take your kids to learn while they are having fun.
For nature lovers, the city of Carmel has Cool Creek Park Nature Center. The park has wooded trails that stretch out four miles into natural scenic settings. Visitors can enjoy having picnics, play sports like softball, soccer, or basketball. They can even have bicycle rides or rollerblade through the park.