Does My Vehicle Need to be Registered to Donate It? Here’s What You Need to Know
More and more motorists are donating their old vehicles to reputable nonprofit organizations knowing that this is the best option to dispose of an unwanted vehicle. They know that their donation will not only go a long to support a worthy cause they can identify with but will also stand them in good stead because of the handsome tax deduction they can get out of it.
However, many would-be donors often ask, “Does my vehicle need to be registered to donate it?” The answer is “yes” in general. In most cases, you can only donate a vehicle if it’s registered and you have the title to prove it. Many charities will not accept vehicles with missing titles although some may take a no-title vehicle but only as a junk car donation. This means they will just dismantle the donated vehicle and sell the parts.
Of course, you wouldn’t want your vehicle to be cannibalized and sold for scrap since you wouldn’t get anything much from this in terms of tax benefits. But what can you do in case you have lost or misplaced the title of the vehicle you plan to donate? How can you prove that your vehicle is registered and that you are its true owner?
If this problem is bugging you, there’s actually no need to worry. We at Veteran Car Donations can easily resolve this title issue. All you have to do is call us at our toll-free hotline 877-594-5822 and ask for advice from our title experts. We can help you obtain a duplicate title so you can go ahead with your donation plan where you can expect to receive the highest possible tax deduction following the auction sale of your donated vehicle.
What is Veteran Car Donations?
Veterans Car Donations is a nationwide online vehicle donation platform for IRS-approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations whose mission is to promote the well-being of our active-duty troops and veterans together with their families. Through our vehicle donation programs in various cities and towns throughout the country, we are able to raise funds that we channel to our charity partners. The aid helps these charities in sustaining the programs and services they provide to the needy veterans in the particular areas where the donations came from.
Where Will Your Donations Go?
The proceeds from the sale of donated vehicles we received are used by our charity partners to provide impoverished, handicapped, unemployed, sick, and homeless veterans with such benefits as:
- Mortgage-free and specially adapted homes for severely handicapped veterans and mortgage-free homes for homeless veterans and their families
- Mentoring and job training programs
- Tutoring support and education scholarships
- Support for spouses and families of our nation’s fallen heroes
- Grief counseling for veterans and families of troops who lost their lives on the line of duty
- Transitioning assistance
- Assistance to veterans and their families in accessing the full range of benefits available to them
How to Donate to Veteran Car Donations
When you donate your car or truck or any other vehicle to Veteran Car Donations, we will make sure that you will have a smooth, quick, and satisfying donation experience. We have in place a simple, easy, hassle-free, and convenient donation process. Here’s how it looks:
First: You contact us.
You do this by either calling us at 877-594-5822 or filling out our secure online donation form. Tell us when, where, and at what time you want us to pick up your vehicle.
Second: We tow your vehicle.
We’ll assign a licensed towing company to haul off your vehicle at a date, time, and place of your preference. The tow truck can pick up your vehicle as quickly as a day or two after you made your donation offer.
Third: You get your tax deduction ticket
We auction off your car. After it is sold, we will send you by mail your 100-percent tax-deductible sales receipt. The selling price of your car as shown in the receipt will serve as the basis of your tax deduction claim when you file your itemized federal income tax return this April.
If you have any questions regarding our car donations process, feel free to call us any time of the day or night at 877-594-5822 or send us a message online. You can also visit our FAQs page for more information.
Why Donate Your Car to Veteran Car Donations?
Donating a vehicle to Veteran Car Donations will bring you lots of benefits. Here are some of them:
- You are guaranteed to receive the highest possible tax deduction based on your car’s value or selling price.
- We will not charge you for anything, including the fee for the towing service, which is on us.
- We will handle everything for you, including all the paperwork.
- You save money since you no longer have to worry about paying for car repairs, maintenance, registration, and insurance.
- You don’t need to go through the stressful, time-consuming, risky, and costly process of trying to sell your car yourself because we’ll be the one to do that for you.
- You free up space in your garage, backyard or driveway.
- You feel great knowing that you’re helping our nation’s struggling heroes.
Make Your Car Donation Now!
Now that we’ve explained why your vehicle needs to be registered to be able to donate it, we can assure you that donating to us at Veteran Car Donations is as easy as 1-2-3. Call us at 877-594-5822 and get started with your vehicle donation now!