Fort Worth, Texas Car Donations: Our Impoverished Vets Badly Need Assistance
Veteran Car Donations, our nonprofit organization, has partnered with the leading military and veteran non-profit organizations to provide assistance to our veterans, including those in Fort Worth, Texas, who are having great difficulty in transitioning to civilian life.
Over the years, the United States government has been spending millions of dollars to help veterans after their retirement. But despite this, thousands of our retired troops are still languishing in poverty and badly need assistance. We did some research about the challenges our veterans face and here are just a few shocking details:
- Some 20 percent of the troops who served in Iraq or Afghanistan were found to be suffering from either depression or post-traumatic stress disorder.
- About 20 percent of Americans who commit suicide every year are veterans.
- Some 3.6 million veterans have physical disabilities.
- Veterans comprise 10 percent of America’s adult homeless population.
- Veterans have higher unemployment rate compared to the country’s civilian unemployment rate. In 2011, the unemployment rate for was at a high of 12 percent while the civilian unemployment rate was at 9.4 percent.
What We Will Do with Your Fort Worth, Texas Car Donations
To address these issues, we have initiated car donation programs all over America, including our Fort Worth, Texas car donations program, where we ask donors to donate their cars for the benefit of our suffering veterans.
Your Fort Worth, Texas car donations will enable our nonprofit partners to carry out these missions:
- Support active and retired military personnel and their families
- Provide assistance to retiring troops to allow for a smooth transition back to civilian life
- Finance the construction of mortgage-free specially adapted homes for severely injured post 9/11troops
- Conduct job and skills training and educational assistance to veterans to enable them to find jobs
- Conduct grief counseling programs for active and retired troops together with their families
- Empower veterans with the knowledge of how they can have full access to benefits available to them
Fort Worth, Texas: Why it’s Called Cowtown
Cowtown is Fort Worth’s nickname. It is based on the city’s major business and its ranching industry. The Fort Worth is the 16th largest city in the United States and ranks fifth in the state of Texas. Cowtown was established as an Army outpost overlooking Trinity River back in 1849.
One of the best places to visit when you are in Fort Worth City is Fort Worth Museum of Science and History located on Gendy Street. The museum opened in 1945. It was originally a children’s museum but became a science and history museum in 1968. The museum exhibits dinosaur skeletons, remnants of the city’s cattle industry, and regional energy sources artifacts.
Another place to add to your bucket list is Fort Worth Water Gardens, it is one of the best places to chill or cool down on a hot day. The water garden was established in 1974 and is located on Commerce Street. The park offers a variety of swimming pools such as the aerating pool, the quiet pool, and the active pool.
For nature lovers, Fort Worth has Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge to offer. The refuge has 3,000 acres of preserve and 20 miles of hiking trails for hikers. There are also protected wildlife such as alligators, deer, buffaloes, and a myriad of birds.
Fort Worth, Texas Car Donations Process
Our retired troops will not only be the ones who will benefit from your generosity. Donors will have their own set of benefits, too. When you donate to our Fort Worth, Texas car donations program, you can get at least $500, and perhaps more, from your tax deduction depending on your vehicle’s final selling price.
You only have to do the first of these three steps to join our Fort Worth, Texas car donations program:
Step 1: You may choose to fill out our donation form on our website. Or you may give us a call at 877-594-5822 to donate your vehicle to our Fort Worth, Texas car donations program. Make sure to have these details handy so you can provide them to our phone representatives:
- Your vehicle’s make and model
- Your preferred time and date for pick up
- Your vehicle’s location
Step 2: Veteran Car Donations in Fort Worth, Texas will verify the information you provided. After this, we will make arrangements for your free tow with a local tow company.
Step 3: Your vehicle will be picked up at your preferred time and date or within 24 to 48 hours. The local tow company will give you a receipt to release you from liability on your car.
Once this process is done, your vehicle will be auctioned. After it sells, we will send you a letter to inform you of your vehicle’s final selling price. We will attach your tax receipt that you will need to claim your tax deduction.
Help us in transforming the lives of our country’s living heroes today. Call us at 877-594-5822 to donate to our Fort Worth, Texas car donations program.