30+ Items To Keep In Your Vehicle At All Times
Whatever type of vehicle you drive, it is always a great idea to have certain things in your vehicle that will help you get through unexpected emergencies and even save your life. That’s why we have created a list consisting of more than 30 items to keep in your vehicle at all times. Here are they:
For Car Repair and Maintenance
- Car manual
- Duct tape
- Spare tire, tire jack, and tire iron
- Tool kit
- A pair of work gloves
- Jumper cables – Use this to safely return power to your car once your battery gets depleted.
- Tire inflator and sealer – Use this to keep your car going in case of sudden loss of tire pressure due to puncture.
- Car repair information – This gives you the ability to ask for help as soon as possible.
- Tire pressure gauge – Use this on a monthly basis to help you maintain proper tire pressure to keep you safe on the road and improve your mileage as well.
- Gas can – Use this when you need to get fuel from the gasoline station if your car runs out of gas on the road.
For Survival and Safety
- First aid kit
- Multi-tool kit
- Matches or any fire starter
- Non-perishable food
- Water bottles
- Printed map
- Road flares
- Reflective triangle
- Fire extinguisher
- Bucket or pail
- Spare cellphone and car-adapted phone charger – This can be handy if you need to call for help.
- Window breaker and seat belt cutter – These tools can help you save yourself in case of car crash.
- Wheel chocks – These prevent your car from rolling off the jack.
- Tire traction mat – This helps you get out of a snowy or slippery surface.
For Comfort and Convenience
- Full body or baby wipes
- Paper or hand towels
- Notebook and pen or pencil
- Emergency money
- Reusable or tote bags
- Change of clothes
Support Our Veterans with Your Vehicle Donation
While we need to remind ourselves to be always mindful of our safety and that of the passengers in our car while we’re on the road, we can spare a thought for our former servicemen and women who badly need assistance. These are our veterans who once fought to defend our freedoms and protect our nation’s security but who now find themselves trapped in poverty and suffering from lack of jobs, poor health, service-connected disabilities, and homelessness.
If you have a car or any other vehicle to spare, donate it to us at Veteran Car Donations to show your gratitude to these courageous people who are considered our nation’s living yet unsung heroes.
We will auction off your vehicle and use the proceeds to support the veteran-focused programs of our military and veteran nonprofit organization partners. With your support, these nonprofits can continue to provide needy veterans with such services as housing and job assistance, physical and mental health care, educational scholarships, transitioning assistance, and other benefits.
To know more about Veteran Car Donations, our donation process, the tax deductions and other rewards you’ll get for your charitable contribution, the types of vehicles you can donate, and other related information, check out our About Us and FAQs pages. For inquiries, you can call our toll-free hotline 877-594-5822 or send us a message online.
You can make your car donation by either calling us or filling out our online donation form. We accept vehicle donations anywhere in the United States since we have car donation programs in all 50 states.
Call us at 877-594-5822 and get started with your car donation.