Complete Guide to Making San Marcos, California Car Donations to Support our Struggling Veterans
The best thing about making San Marcos, California car donations is that you’ll get to transform the lives of the struggling veterans in your city in ways beyond imagination. A junky old car that may seem useless to you can give one veteran the chance to have his life back.
To give you an overview of our entire donation process, we laid out a comprehensive guide for your convenience. The only thing you really have to do is to contact us at Veteran Car Donations — and we’ll take care of the rest! Check out the detailed process of how it works:
- Get in touch.
Simply dial 877-594-5822 or go online and fill out our online donation form. Both options will only take you about 5 minutes or less to complete. Just let us know a few basic details about your car and leave your contact information with us.
- Arrange a pick-up date.
After verifying the information you shared, we’ll call you back and ask you to schedule a pick-up date for your car at your convenience. We usually pick up vehicles 24 to 48 hours after the donor makes the initial call. But we can make special arrangements for you if you want the pick-up to be made on a specific date, time, and place.
- Wait for the pick-up.
A licensed towing company will pick up your vehicle on the scheduled day. You don’t have to worry about being there when it happens because your presence isn’t mandatory at all. We — not you – will pay for the towing services. We will give you a donation receipt that will release you from all liabilities on the car you’re donating from that point onward. This will allow you to de-register your vehicle, dispose of your license plates properly, and cancel your insurance coverage.
- Wait for your vehicle to be sold.
Your vehicle will be auctioned and people across the country will have a chance to bid. With our huge audience, years of trusted service and millions of potential buyers coming in to look for used cars, the chances of selling your vehicle at the most reasonable price and the soonest time possible is very high.
- Receive your tax-deductible sale receipt.
Once the sale of your vehicle is done, we’ll mail you your 100-percent tax-deductible sale receipt. This document is important when claiming your tax deduction on your itemized federal tax return. Based on the IRS rules, you may claim as your tax deduction the amount to which your vehicle has been sold or its fair market value based on certain conditions. If your car sells for $500 or less, you can claim as your tax deduction either the car’s selling price or its fair market value, whichever is higher. If it sells for more than $500, you can claim only its exact selling price.
We Find Most Vehicles Acceptable for Donation
If you have an extra vehicle you want to get rid of other than your car, you can always donate that, too! We welcome multiple San Marcos, California car donations! Check out this comprehensive list:
- Cars:sedans, vans, SUVs, trucks, motorcycles
- RV and campers: recreational vehicles, motorhomes, campers, travel trailers, pop-up trailers, 5-wheelers
- Fleet vehicles:cars, passenger vans, cargo vans, SUVs, pickups, trucks, buses
- Specialty vehicles: ATVs, snowmobiles, tractors, motorized wheelchairs, riding lawn mowers, farm equipment
- Watercraft:boats, sailboats, motorboats, yachts, fishing boats, pontoon boats, houseboats, jet skis and other personal watercraft
- Aircraft:non-commercial airplanes, jet planes, and other similar aircraft
Your Benefits as a Donor
- You can help others in need and all it takes is an old clunker that you’ve long been wanting to dispose of.
- You can quickly get rid of the vehicle you no longer need for FREE.
- You can finally free some space in your garage or driveway and use it for something you actually use.
- You can stop paying for unnecessary maintenance and car insurance.
- You can rid yourself of the hassle of doing all the paperwork.
- You don’t have to sell the car yourself and wait around for potential buyers. You don’t have to stress yourself by putting up “For Sale” signs and ads as well.
The San Marcos Problem
Choosing a charity to support takes a lot of heart. If you care about the heroes who sacrificed tears, blood, and years away from loved ones to protect our country’s freedom and security, you’re on the right page.
Every year, thousands of servicemen and women retire or get discharged from military service. All of them hope to return back to civilian life worry-free. Unfortunately, many of them go home with so many issues: unemployment, PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury), sleep disorders, homelessness, and lack of education.
Based on the United States Census Bureau 2015 records, California is home to 12,096 homeless veterans. 7 percent of them are uninsured, 7.4 percent are unemployed and almost a thousand are severely injured with service-connected disabilities. As a part of California, San Marcos hosts hundreds of these adversity-stricken heroes.
The figures are horrible and downright heart-wrenching. If you want to help us do something to address this, you can donate your clunker through Veteran Car Donations by calling 877-594-5822 today.
About Veterans Car Donations
Veteran Car Donations is an organization that operates vehicle donation programs such as San Marcos, California Car Donations to help thousands of vets across the country together with our partner non-profits. With your car donation, we’ll be able to continue supporting veteran-focused programs like:
- Job training and mentoring;
- Educational scholarships and tutoring programs;
- Nationwide mortgage-free specially adapted homes for post-9/11 veterans;
- Transitioning assistance after deployment;
- Basic needs assistance post-retirement;
- Grief counseling for veterans and their families;
- Highly accessible health and mental facilities.
Be a Hero to Our Nation’s Heroes!
It only takes you one old clunker and less than 5 minutes of your time to be a hero to our nation’s heroes. Call us now at 877-594-5822 to make San Marcos, California car donations!