Give Back to Our Veterans through Sandy Springs, Georgia Car Donations
One of the best ways to give yourself and the former military servicemen and women in your community a huge favor is by donating a car to our Sandy Springs, Georgia car donations program.
Parting ways with your 2005 Volkswagen Phaeton isn’t easy, but keeping up with the cost of owning an old car is even more difficult for your wallet. Then again, letting go of a clunker you’ve been emotionally attached with is not even half as challenging as being discharged from active military service and facing an uncertain future in the civilian society.
All About Sandy Springs
Sandy Springs is the second largest city in Atlanta’s metropolitan area and the sixth largest city in the state of Georgia. It was formally incorporated in 2005. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the city’s population estimate as of July 2016, is 105,703, including 4,060 veterans.
The Irony of It All
As soon as a soldier gets back home after the end of a combat or peacekeeping mission abroad, we envision him getting a hero’s welcome and then smoothly reintegrating himself into civilian life where he would find a job that would sustain his needs, maybe even get a new house that he deserves after barely surviving the war. Sadly, this isn’t often the case. More and more former soldiers find life outside the military harder to face than the wars they’ve fought in overseas.
Countless soldiers who came home with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and other mental health problems are languishing in the streets of our cities, begging for food or money. Others who have severe service-connected disabilities are drowning in depression and helplessness. It’s ironic how these honorable veterans lived through wars but end up in destitution in the country that they fought for.
What Your Car Donation Can Do to Help Our Nation’s Heroes
We at Veteran Car Donations have partnered with registered 501(c)3 nonprofits with the aim of ending veteran homelessness, unemployment, untreated mental health issues and other problems that most former G.I.’s go through after deployment. The Sandy Springs, Georgia car donations we receive will help provide funding for charity programs that address our veterans’ needs.
Among the services provided for our former military servicemen and women are the following:
- Building permanent mortgage-free housing for homeless veterans;
- Building secure, specially-adapted homes for those with severe service-connected injuries;
- Holding career workshops and mentoring programs to increase their chances of employment;
- Lobbying for their interests in Congress;
- Providing tutoring support and veteran-specific educational scholarships for those who want to pursue a college degree;
- Providing psychosocial support and grief counseling to the bereaved families of fallen heroes;
- Providing medical care for those with PTSD and TBI;
- Launching information campaigns on the needs of recently discharged or retired veterans;
- Providing general transitioning assistance;
- Holding orientation meetings on the full range of benefits that veterans can avail themselves of
If you think that our veterans deserve a second chance at life, then donate your car by calling us at 877-594-5822 today!
It’s Super Easy to Donate!
We purposely created a straightforward and uncomplicated Sandy Springs, Georgia car donations process so that our donors would have a stress-free and pleasant giving experience. It only takes a few minutes to make a difference in the lives of our nation’s struggling heroes. Following these steps would turn you into a Sandy Springs hero yourself:
- Step 1. Let us know that you want to donate.
Fill out our online donation form or call us at 877-594-5822 to give us your contact details and a few basic information about your donated vehicle (year, make, model, mileage, running condition, and availability of title).
- Step 2. Schedule your FREE pickup.
The towing is on us! We’d need your preferred time, date, and place for the pick-up so that we could arrange for a professional towing company to haul your vehicle away at your most convenient time for FREE! Before we take away your vehicle, we’ll give you a donation receipt that will free you from all liabilities on your car, thereby allowing you to cancel and stop paying for your car registration and insurance.
- Step 3. Receive your tax-deductible receipt in the mail.
Within 30 days after your car is sold, we will send you by mail your 100 percent tax-deductible sales receipt, indicating your donated vehicle’s final selling price. This will serve as the basis of your tax deduction claim when you file your itemized federal tax return.
We Don’t Limit Donations to Cars!
Aside from cars, we accept other types of vehicles for Sandy Springs, Georgia car donations. You can donate your dad’s rusty riding lawnmower or your old ATV! Throw in your grandpa’s motorized wheelchair as well!
You can donate as many vehicles as you like! With multiple donations, more services will be delivered to the veterans living in your city.
Just in case you’re not sure that the vehicle you have in mind to donate is acceptable, here’s a list of vehicle types that we commonly take from our donors:
- Cars: sedans, vans, SUVs, trucks, motorcycles
- RVs: recreational vehicles, motorhomes, campers, travel trailers, pop-up trailers, fifth wheelers
- Specialty vehicles: ATVs, snowmobiles, motorized wheelchairs, riding lawn mowers, tractors, farm equipment
- Fleet vehicles: cars, passenger vans, cargo vans, SUVs, pickups, trucks, buses
- Boats and aircraft: sailboats, motorboats, fishing boats, yachts, pontoon boats, houseboats, personal watercraft (like jet skis), non-commercial airplanes
Step Forward, Reach Out and Help Our Veterans
Never underestimate the impact that Sandy Springs, Georgia car donations can make on your life and the lives of those who gallantly fought to preserve our freedom and protect our nation’s security. Together, we can empower the returning troops in the Sandy Springs area to rebuild their lives and face the future with hope.
Call us at 877-594-5822 and get free towing services for Sandy Springs, Georgia car donations!