The Villages, Florida Golf Cart Donations: Take a Step in Helping Our Nation’s Heroes
It only takes an unwanted golf cart and a soft spot for former members of the United States armed forces to join our The Villages, Florida golf cart donations program.
Too many veterans are dealing with major issues today – poverty, inability to secure government benefits, homelessness, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), depression, unemployment, long-term and severe physical injuries, and lack of education to name a few. To these heroes, their transition from the military into the civilian world is proving to be the toughest challenge they have ever encountered, even tougher than the challenges they experienced on the battlefield.
Based on the 2012-2016 report released by the United States Census Bureau, there are 16,207 veterans in The Villages, Florida, with 551 of them having less than high school educational background, The report states that 765 of them live below the poverty line for the past 12 months and 4,475 of them have service-connected disabilities. Moreover, the Florida Department of Children & Families estimates that over 18 percent of Florida’s homeless are veterans.
How We Help Our Veterans
Although the government has provided transitioning assistance to as many veterans as possible, there remains to be a gap of service that needs to be bridged. In response to this, we at Veteran Car Donations operate fundraising programs such as The Villages, Florida golf cart donations on behalf of our registered 501(c)3 nonprofit partners so that they can fully focus on doing their life-saving services such as:
- Nationwide specially adapted mortgage-free housing for severely injured veterans;
- Education scholarships and tutoring programs for our returning troops who want to earn a college degree;
- Job training programs and career workshops to help them find stable jobs;
- Grief counseling for the bereaved families of those who were killed in action.
Now that we’ve shed some light on our veterans’ travails, we know that you won’t look the other way and pretend that you don’t care. You don’t have to shell out a single dime to pitch in and help us in our attempt to end veteran destitution. You can extend your help to our struggling veterans by donating your unwanted golf cart to us at Veteran Car Donations. Call us at 877-594-5822 and do it!
Donating vs Selling
For decades, people have been used to selling their old stuff – from used clothes to used furniture to used books to used cars. While this can get you direct profit and at the same time take those extra things off your hands, it also requires a lot from you: effort, patience, willpower and maybe even a few hundred bucks! Here are some things you need to know about selling your own pre-loved properties:
- You need interested buyers.
You have to let everyone know you’re selling an item. That means putting up For Sale signs, ads and maybe even tell your friends and friends of friends about it. Given that it is a pre-loved property, you need to make sure it’s still worth buying.
If you’re selling an old golf cart, you need to make sure it still looks attractive enough for potential buyers to want it. Otherwise, you’re going to have to have it repainted, repaired and whatnot. If this is the case, you need to be loaded to handle the costs.
- Finding a buyer is not easy.
For one, it’s not so easy to find someone who’s willing to buy an old vehicle or property as is. Two, most buyers who are looking to purchase a used golf cart tend to haggle, more often demanding an unreasonably low selling price. Now that’s another challenge!
- You’d have to handle the heaps of paperwork that come with the sale.
We’re talking about you spending your time and money on processing all the required documentation.
The Joys of Joining The Villages, Florida Golf Cart Donations
Due to the hassles of selling old vehicles, more and more people today are turning to vehicle donations. Luckily, the process of taking part in our The Villages, Florida golf cart donations program is quick and painless! Here are the reasons why donating a golf cart to Veterans Car Donations is ideal for you:
- You get to get rid of that old clunker right away for FREE!
- You don’t have to sell it yourself!
- We’ll handle all the paperwork and your golf cart will be auctioned to hundreds and thousands of people around the country who are actually willing to purchase old golf carts at the most reasonable rates!
- You get a top tax deduction for your generosity!
- You can say goodbye to unnecessary expenses for insurance and maintenance of a golf cart you want to get dispose of!
- You get to help poor veterans in your community!
Our Quick and Efficient Vehicle Donation Process
The Villages, Florida has always been active in supporting worthy causes especially if it’s for the welfare of its residents. With just one golf cart, you can create an immense impact on the lives of our veterans and their families in this census-designated place in Sumter County, Florida.
So, are you ready to donate? Here’s how our The Villages, Florida golf cart donations process works:
- Fill out our online donation form or call us at 877-594-5822.
This will barely take five minutes of your time. All you need to do is give us information about the golf cart you’re about to donate (make, model, year, general condition). You also need to provide us with your contact details.
- Schedule a convenient date for pick-up.
A licensed towing company will pick up your golf cart at NO COST to you. You don’t even have to worry about being there while you wait for the tow truck. Your presence during the process is absolutely not necessary. The towing company will give you a tow receipt showing that your vehicle was picked up. This releases you from all liability on the golf cart you’re donating from that point forward. That receipt also allows you to take the minimum tax deduction without further paperwork.
- Wait for the paperwork.
Once we sell your golf cart, we will send you the 100-percent tax-deductible receipt of the sale via mail. You need this document to support your tax deduction claims when you file your itemized federal income tax return for the next tax season.
We Accept Other Vehicles, Too!
Aside from golf carts, Veteran Car Donations also welcomes other vehicles such as:
- Passenger vehicles– cars, sedans, vans, SUVs, and motorcycles;
- Commercial vehicles– buses, trucks, and pickups;
- RVsand camper vehicles– recreational vehicles, trailers, motorhomes, campers;
- Water vessels– boats, motorboats, jet skis, wet bikes;
- Off-highway vehicles– all-terrain vehicles (ATV), trail bikes, 4×4, snowmobiles;
- Aircraft – non-commercial airplanes, jets, helicopters;
- Specialty vehicles– riding lawn mowers, motorized wheelchairs.
Contact us at 877-594-5822 now and enjoy free towing services for joining The Villages, Florida golf cart donations!