March 8, 2023
Warning Lights Help Ensure the Safety of Others and Yourself on the Road
Every car has on its dashboard several warning lights that illuminate when an issue arises. Failing to understand what these emergency lights mean can turn minor issues into bigger, more expensive, and potentially dangerous problems.
As you might have noticed, your car’s dashboard lights are made up of different symbols, each representing a meaning. Veteran Car Donations explains what these symbols mean and what to do if certain emergency lights turn on.
Common Car Warning Lights
Most drivers are familiar with some common dashboard warning lights. These include:
- Fuel — This warning sign lights up whenever the fuel goes below a certain point. This means it’s time to visit the gas station.
- Door open — If a door is not shut properly, this warning light will tell you which door needs to be closed.
- Seat belt — The driver or passenger has failed to fasten their seatbelt.
These issues are relatively easy to fix. Once a problem is resolved, its warning light automatically disappears.
However, some lights in the dashboard represent more severe issues and often require a visit to the auto repair shop. Depending on their severity, these warning lights are usually displayed in red or amber.
Urgent Car Warning Lights
A red warning light on the car’s dashboard means a serious problem needs immediate attention. A red light typically means it’s unsafe to continue driving the vehicle and you should stop the car and have it checked.
Red warning signs light up when there’s an issue with the following:
- Brake system — This could mean the handbrake’s been left on or the brake fluid is too low and needs to be filled up. It could also mean there’s an issue with the brake system.
- Engine coolant — The coolant level needs to be checked. This symbol could also indicate a problem with the car’s cooling system.
- Oil pressure — This symbol means you should check your engine oil level.
- Power steering — Your car’s power steering is not working properly and should be checked by a mechanic as soon as possible. This issue could make driving dangerous.
- Airbag — This symbol means the car’s airbag is not functioning correctly and could fail to deploy during a collision.
- Ignition — This warning light indicates that the car may be unable to restart should you switch the engine off.
It’s highly encouraged that you get to know your car’s warning lights as it is your car’s way of telling you when something’s wrong. Understanding what these warning lights mean will help you help your vehicle. If there are any issues, ensure you get them checked sooner rather than later by a trusted mechanic or garage.
Here’s How You Can Give Your Old Ride a New and Worthy Purpose
If you’re considering buying a new car to replace your old one, consider donating the latter to us at Veteran Car Donations. We’ll give your old ride a new and worthy purpose — that of uplifting the lives of the suffering veterans and their families in your community.
We’ll auction off your donated vehicle and use the proceeds to support the life improvement programs of our veteran-focused charity partners. These IRS-certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations cater to veterans who are homeless, unable to find decent jobs, and suffering from disabilities and serious illnesses, including mental health issues.
Our charity partners use the funding we give them to provide their beneficiaries with housing and financial assistance, employment and livelihood opportunities, family support, free quality health care and medical treatment, psychotherapy services, scholarships, and other services meant to improve their living conditions.
As our donor, you’ll be entitled to claim the maximum tax deduction in the next tax season. We’ll send you the 100% tax-deductible sales receipt of your car soon after its sale.
You’ll also benefit from our free pickup and towing service, which we will provide you anywhere in the country.
Aside from the material rewards in store for you as our donor, you’ll also be privileged to enjoy a most satisfying donating experience, knowing that your act of charity will help transform the lives of our nation’s hurting heroes.
We accept almost all types of vehicles whatever their ages or conditions. Head over to this page to learn what else besides cars qualify for our donation program.
For information on our quick and easy donation process or tax deductions, head over to our FAQs page. Should you have any concerns or questions, call us through our 24/7 toll-free hotline at 877-594-5822 or message us here.
Touch the Lives of Our Hurting Heroes Today!
It’s easy to leave a lasting impact on the lives of the suffering veterans in your community. Your car donation will go a long way in turning their lives around. Call Veteran Car Donations at 877-594-5822 or fill out our secure online donation form now!