Veterans in the United States deserve the highest level of support from their government. Many veterans, however, find that they don’t have access to important services when they need them most, such as when they get sick or injured. While the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) offers some help, it doesn’t always have enough money or authority to support the needs of individual soldiers. According to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the country has about 39,500 homeless veterans on any given day. That’s 39,500 people who put their lives on the line for their country. Homelessness is a highly visible problem, but it isn’t the only struggle that veterans face:
- About 3.8 million veterans live with service-connected disabilities.
- 53,000 veterans cannot find employment.
- Over 540,000 veterans have been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
All of these men and women served their country, and they all deserve help overcoming the difficulties that they experience. Americans don’t have to wait for the VA and other government entities to change their policies.
Instead, they can support veterans by donating their boats and other watercraft. The money earned from each donation goes toward addressing the real needs of veterans struggling to build new lives after military service.
We Make Boat Donations Easy
Selling a used boat can take a lot of time and resources. Owners often need to make costly repairs, advertise in their local papers and meet with numerous potential buyers before they can sell their boats. Donating a boat offers an easier approach. Donating a boat to Veteran Car Donations only takes three steps:
- Call 877-594-5822 or fill out the Veteran Car Donations form on this page.
- Select a convenient time and date for someone at Veteran Car Donations to pick up your boat.
- Wait for Veteran Car Donations to sell the watercraft, process the paperwork, and send tax information for your deduction.
Veteran Car Donations will auction each donated vehicle to get as much money as possible for veterans. The money goes directly to addressing the needs of soldiers who have come back home after their service. Many of these veterans have seen battle overseas, so they need assistance transitioning to civilian life.
In return for watercraft, donors get deductions that lower their overall tax burdens. In some cases, donors may even get more money from their deductions than they would from selling their boats.
How Boat Donations Benefit Veterans
Boat donations help veterans in a range of ways. The proceeds from donated watercraft often go toward projects that:
- retrofit homes for injured or disabled veterans (such as adding entry ramps, widening hallways and upgrading bathrooms)
- pay for any food or shelter that veterans might need during emergencies
- provide educational and mentoring opportunities so veterans can improve their job skills
- help veterans find good jobs so they can support their families
- help veterans make the difficult transition from the military to civilian life
Money from donated watercraft makes it possible for organizations to give veterans the assistance they deserve. Donors shouldn’t hesitate from reaching out to Veteran Car Donations because they think their watercraft won’t earn much money. When it comes to improving the lives of veterans, every dollar makes a big difference.
Donate a Boat Today to Support Veterans
Veteran Car Donations can earn money for veterans by selling a variety of watercraft. We accept more than just conventional boats. Other types of watercraft that can help veterans include:
- Air Boats
- All-Purpose Fishing Boats
- Aluminum Fishing Boats
- Banana Boats
- Bass Boats
- Bay Boats/Flats Boats
- Boat Trailers
- Cabin Cruisers
- Center Consoles
- Commerical Vessels
- Convertible Fishing Boats
- Cuddy Cabins
- Deck Boats
- Downeast Cruisers
- Dual Console Boats
- Electric Boats
- Express Fisherman Boats
- Ferry Boats
- Fish and Ski Boats
- Freshwater Fishing Boats
- High-Performance Boats
- High-Speed Boats
- Jet Boats
- Jet Skis/Personal Watercraft
- Jon Boats
- Mega Yachts
- Motor Yachts/Motorboats
- Patrol Boats
- Pilothouse Boats
- Pleasure Boats
- Pontoon Boats
- Rescue Boats
- Saltwater Fishing Boats
- Sedan Bridge Boats
- Ski Boats/Wake Boats
- Skiff Boats
- Sportfishing Boats
- Tug Boats
- Utility Boats
- Walkaround Boats
Veteran Car Donations also accepts other types of vehicles, including golf carts, motorcycles, trucks, vans and, of course, cars. Anyone with questions about donating a vehicle can call 877-594-5822 for more information.