If you have an old pontoon boat that you no longer use and want to dispose of, how about donating it to us at Veteran Car Donations? With just one call from you, we can free you from the burden of having to pay for the high costs of maintenance and storage of a marine vessel that you no longer have the time and opportunity to use.
When you make a pontoon boat donation to us, weâ€™ll have it auctioned off, with the proceeds going straight to our IRS-certified 501(c)3 nonprofit partners. These nonprofits use the funds they get from us to sustain their delivery of the following benefits to deserving veterans and their families:
- Various forms of assistance to veterans confined in military hospitals;
- Treatment of those suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and other mental health issues;
- Programs to help veterans and their spouses find meaningful employment that suits their abilities;
- Financial and other forms of aid to destitute, low-income, and homeless veterans;
- Therapeutic activities to help veterans rehabilitate and reintegrate themselves into society as well as relax and enjoy the company of their loved ones to strengthen family ties; and
- Sponsorship of events that encourage companies and organizations to give back to the veteran community.
The Tough Challenges Our Veterans Face
Our servicemen and servicewomen face huge challenges once they are discharged from service and transition back to civilian life. Here are the statistics that illustrate the struggles our veterans face:
- One in 10 homeless adults in the country has served in the military. About 13 percent of the countryâ€™s homeless population comprised of veterans, 9 percent of whom consists of females. Sadly, half of the 13 percent are disabled veterans.
- The unemployment rate for veterans who served in Gulf War II was at 9 percent.
- Since 2001, the mental health diagnosis of our veterans has increased to 62 percent. The alarming veteran suicide rate is 69 percent, which is almost two times higher than the non-veteran suicide rate of 37 percent.
What Youâ€™ll Get from Your Pontoon Boat Donation
Getting your hands off a no-longer-needed boat has never been so easy with Veteran Car Donations. We make sure that our donors enjoy the experience of giving.
Look over this list of rewards that youâ€™ll get once you take part in our pontoon boat donations program:
- Youâ€™ll save money.
Since your charitable contribution is 100-percent tax-deductible, youâ€™ll enjoy a healthy tax write-off in the next tax season. Plus, you can finally quit paying for your unwanted vesselâ€™s repairs, maintenance, insurance, and storage fees. Best of all, weâ€™ll have it towed away at no cost to you!
- Youâ€™ll save time.
Unlike selling a used marine vessel yourself, donating means not having to wait for weeks and months before a prospective buyer gives you a good enough offer. Moreover, since our team will take care of all the logistics and the paperwork concerning your donation.
- Youâ€™ll transform lives.
Know that your donation will help ease the burden of the struggling veterans in your community. These veterans together with their families will greatly benefit from your kindness and generosity.
How to Make a Pontoon Boat Donation
You wonâ€™t have to break a sweat when you donate a pontoon boat to us at Veteran Car Donations. Just follow the steps below and youâ€™ll be on your way to becoming a hero to the needy veterans and their families in your community:
- Get in touch with us.
You can choose to donate your boat by ringing us up at 877-594-5822. Weâ€™ll ask for your contact information and a few details about your vessel. You can also donate your boat by filling out our online donation form.
- Schedule your boatâ€™s free pickup.
Weâ€™ll ask you to tell us your preferred date, time, and location for your boatâ€™s pickup. Weâ€™ll then assign a licensed towing company to collect your donation. Weâ€™ll issue you a towing receipt before we haul off your boat. This receipt will release you from all liability on your seacraft from that point forward.
- Receive your tax-deductible receipt by mail.
Weâ€™ll have your pontoon boat sold at auction. Within 30 days following the sale of your boat, weâ€™ll send you by mail your 100-percent tax-deductible sales receipt. You will need this receipt to claim your tax write-off when you file your itemized federal income tax return in the next tax season.
You can make your pontoon boat donation wherever you are in the United States since we have donation programs in all 50 states.
For more information about our donation process, check out our FAQs page. For inquiries, donâ€™t hesitate to call us at 877-594-5822 Â or send us a message online.
You Can Donate Other Types of Marine Vessels and Motor Vehicles
Do you have other types of marine vessels or vehicles that you also want to dispose of? Weâ€™d be glad to accept all of them. Weâ€™re actually open to nearly all types of seacraft and motor vehicles. We take catamaran boats, deck boats, motorboats, yachts, sailboats, houseboats, cruise ships, ferries, trawlers, personal watercraft, Boston Whalers. Chris-Craft boats, bowriders, center consoles, cuddy cabins, fishing boats, tugboats, speedboats, wakeboard boats, and pleasure boats among others.
To find out the other types of vehicles that you can donate to us, browse through our Vehicles Accepted page.
Extend Your Helping Hand to Our Vets Now!
Extend a helping hand to the destitute veterans living in your community, Never forget that they are considered our nationâ€™s heroes for having risked their lives to defend our freedom and protect our nationâ€™s security. Call us at 877-594-5822 or fill out our online donation form. Give back to our heroes with your pontoon boat donation now!