March 18, 2019
FAQs about Cars Helping Veterans
Did you know that your rusty old clunker can help make life better for our country’s struggling former servicemen and women? What may seem useless to you can potentially become a life-changing tool for needy veterans if you donate it to us at Veteran Car Donations.
To give you an idea about how your charitable contributions can impact the lives of our nation’s heroes—those brave men and women who sacrificed a lot and risked their lives to protect us and defend our freedoms—check out these FAQs about cars helping veterans.
How Does the Process of Cars Helping Veterans Work?
Our seamless donation process is short and simple. All you have to do is get in touch with us so that we can ask you a few questions about yourself and your vehicle. One way to reach us is by filling out our secure online donation form or by contacting us at 877-594-5822.
In case you’re wondering, we’ll need to have your personal contact information, your car’s make and model, and its current location. Based on your preferred schedule, we’ll arrange a professional towing company to pick up your donation for FREE. To top it all off, we’ll deliver to your doorstep your 100% tax-deductible sales receipt after we auction off your donated vehicle. You can use this receipt to claim your top tax deduction.
‘How Will My Donation Benefit the Veterans?’
Veteran Car Donations works hand in hand with reputable IRS-certified 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations such as Soldier’s Angels, Heroes on Water, Healing Arizona Veterans, SMART RVing, and the American Freedom Foundation. Proceeds generated from the sale of donated vehicles will provide funding for the services they deliver that include:
- Job training and career development programs for unemployed veterans
- Mortgage-free and specially adapted homes for vets who are homeless and those with severe combat-related injuries
- Mental health care for vets suffering from Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Tutoring support and education scholarships for veterans seeking to pursue higher education
- Grief counseling for the families of our fallen heroes
- General transitioning assistance for returning troops
- Orientation programs for vets and their families so they’ll know the full range of benefits available to them
‘What Are My Donation Benefits?’
Donating your car to Veteran Car Donations will put you in a position to enjoy the following benefits:
- Free pickup and towing services
- You won’t have to look for a buyer
- Avoid the costs and the loss of privacy that are associated with reselling your vehicle yourself
- You’ll save on car insurance, maintenance, and storage fees
- Get the maximum tax deduction in the next tax season
- Our team will handle all the required paperwork on your behalf
- You can donate your car in less than 5 minutes
What are the Acceptable Vehicles for Donation?
Cars helping veterans don’t have to be in their best condition to become acceptable donations. Whether the vehicles you’re donating are running or not, Veteran Car Donations will gladly accept them.
Moreover, we accept donations of nearly all types of vehicles wherever you are in the United States since we have car donation programs in all 50 states. All you have to do is call us at 877-594-5822.
Here’s a list of the usual vehicle types we accept:
- Cars: sedans, luxury cars, sports cars, wagons, coupes, convertibles, hybrids, hatchbacks
- Vans: cargo vans, passenger vans, family minivans, camper vans
- SUVs: compact, midsize, full-size or crossover versions
- Motorcycles: scooters, off-road bikes, touring bikes, cruisers, sports bikes, choppers
- Trucks: extended cab pickup, panel trucks, box trucks, pickup trucks
- Boats: speedboats, houseboats, pontoon boats, fishing boats, sailboats, tugboats, yachts
- Specialty and recreational vehicles: non-commercial planes, campers, travel trailers, snowmobiles, jet skis, RVs, motorhomes, pop-up trailers, 5-wheelers
- Fleet vehicles: cars, passenger vans, cargo vans, SUVs, pickups, trucks, buses
- Work-related vehicles: construction vehicles, tractors and farm equipment, buses, large trucks, landscaping vehicles
Donate Your Unwanted Vehicle Today!
If you’ve come to a point where you’ve lost all interest in your vehicles, consider turning them into cars helping veterans. If you have questions, you can call us any day, anytime at 877-594-5822 or write to us online. Call us today and donate your old and unwanted vehicle to help our nation’s heroes!