September 20, 2021
Know What to Do and What Not to Do
Even though most of your attention is probably focused on the exterior of your car, it pays to be also mindful of the parts inside your vehicle. Many of your car’s vital components are found inside your engine bay.
Cleaning your engine bay is a great way to maintain the condition of your car as well as enhance its resale value. It’s worth your time and effort to clean it regularly.
However, it’s not as simple as taking a brush and just scrubbing and hosing the dirt away. The engine compartment is sensitive, so you need to be aware of the things you should and shouldn’t do when cleaning it.
Veteran Car Donations has gathered these important dos and dont’s when cleaning your car’s engine bay:
- Make sure you’re using the right chemicals and in the right amount. Don’t just grab any cleaner off the shelf.
- Take a picture before you start removing or unplugging parts. If you aren’t familiar with how the components in the engine compartment are connected, the picture can help you put everything back.
- Make sure all the covers are tightened. You don’t want water or engine cleaners going into parts where they shouldn’t.
- Hand-clean the electrical components. These are extra sensitive, so use dry brushes and extra cleaning towels when doing the finishing touches.
- Don’t use a pressure washer. This can easily loosen any fittings or connections. Use spray bottles, wet rags, or a garden hose instead
- Don’t turn on your vehicle if the engine isn’t completely dry yet.
- Don’t clean the engine bay without wearing protective gear. You need to have gloves, masks, and eyewear. You’ll be using chemicals and scrubbing dirt and grime inside your engine bay, so wearing protective gear is a must.
- Don’t clean your engine when it’s still hot. Give it time to cool down by popping the hood open and letting it breathe for several minutes.
Your Old Car Can Help Transform the Lives of Struggling Vets
If having a dirty engine bay is the least of your concern owing to more serious mechanical problems you’re having with your car, if those problems are causing you endless headaches and emptying your pocket with the cumulative costs of repairs, then perhaps it’s time to consider retiring that vehicle.
How about donating it to a charity that supports a worthy cause and one that will give you a truly rewarding donating experience? You’ll achieve both targets when you hand over that car to us at Veteran Car Donations.
Your vehicle donation will help improve the lives of the veterans residing in your community who are homeless, jobless, disabled, and physically or mentally ill.
We’ll put your vehicle up for auction, with the proceeds going to our veteran-focused nonprofit partners. These IRS-certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations use the funding to sustain their delivery of financial assistance, free medical treatment, employment opportunities, housing assistance, family support, and other essential services to deserving veterans and their families.
Donating to us is quick and easy. We won’t hassle you with unnecessary steps or complicated paperwork. All you have to do is contact us.
You won’t be going home empty-handed after making your donation. You’ll receive precious rewards such as the free and fast towing of your unwanted vehicle wherever you had it parked or stored anywhere in the country.
Your charitable contribution will also entitle you to receive a maximized tax deduction in the next tax season.
Perhaps more importantly, your act of charity will give you a feeling of intense satisfaction, knowing that you’ll be helping uplift the lives of the heroes residing in your area.
Support Our Hurting Heroes Today!
If you think your old ride is just about useless, think again. You can still use it to support the hurting heroes in your community. Hand it over to us at Veteran Car Donations and we’ll make sure your gift will benefit them. Call us at 877-594-5822 or fill out our online donation form now!