September 14, 2022
Experience the Luxury of Chartering a Crewed Yacht!
Whether you’re hosting a wedding reception, celebrating a promotion, or planning a week-long escape to the tropics, chartering a private yacht is a perfect way to spend time with family and friends. But how much does it take to charter a yacht? Veteran Car Donations gives you a rundown on yacht charter pricing.
How Much Does It Cost to Charter a Yacht?
A private yacht charter costs around $10,000 a week for sailing yachts and catamarans and up to $150,000 to $500,000+ for larger yachts.
What Are the Factors that Affect Yacht Prices?
Several factors affect yacht prices, including the yacht itself, the season, and the destination. However, charter yachts are often privately owned, so the owners are the ones who set the prices. This explains the wide range of price differences in yachts of similar lengths and sizes.
Here are some of the factors that affect yacht prices:
- Season: Prices usually increase in the high season. For example, yachting in The Bahamas during summer can be more expensive than during the off-season.
- Yacht: The year the yacht was made, its reputation (having a famous builder or previous owners), or the amenities it offers can affect the pricing.
- Destination: Yacht pricing is more competitive in popular destinations unlike pricing in less popular tourist sites.
What Are Some of the Additional Costs to Consider?
In addition to the base price, here are other costs that you need to prepare for:
- The Advanced Provisioning Allowance (APA): Some charters charge an APA, which is usually 25% to 35% of the base price. This fee is like an expense account the captain can use while chartering. You’ll receive the full breakdown of expenses at the end of the charter.
- Insurance: You can buy cancellation and curtailment insurance, similar to traveler’s insurance.
- Taxes and Value Added Tax (VAT): Charter rates don’t usually include taxes or VAT into their base rate, so the charterer will be the one to pay for those. Taxes vary depending on the destination, so be sure to ask beforehand.
- Delivery Fee: You may need to pay a delivery fee if you’re not going to the yacht’s usual cruising ground. In most cases, you’ll only be asked to cover fuel costs.
- Crew Gratuity: While this isn’t required, it’s highly recommended. Crew gratuity is handed to the captain after the charter and is usually around 15% to 20% of the base rate.
Chartering a yacht can be a great experience for you and your loved ones. You can get in touch with a boat charter broker and start planning for your next destination!
Spare a Thought for the Suffering Veterans in Your Community
Countless veterans out there can only dream of chartering a yacht and enjoying sea escapades with their loved ones. Many of them are living in misery because they’re homeless and unable to find jobs, as well as suffering from service-connected disabilities and serious health issues, including the mental ones.
One of the best ways to show them how much you appreciate the sacrifices they made for our nation is by donating any type of vehicle to us at Veteran Car Donations. We’ll use your donation to help them live decent and dignified lives.
Our team will put your vehicle up for auction, with the proceeds going to our veteran-focused nonprofit partners. These IRS-certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations use the funding we give them to provide deserving veterans with housing assistance, financial aid, employment and livelihood opportunities, family support, free quality health care and medical treatment, psychotherapy services, educational scholarships, and many other benefits all designed to improve their living condition.
You will also benefit from your charitable contribution since you’ll get to enjoy our free pickup and towing service anywhere in the United States. You’ll also love our quick, simple, and convenient donation process where you don’t have to do any paperwork. On top of that, you’ll have the privilege of claiming the maximum tax deduction in the next tax season.
However, these material rewards are nothing compared to the joy of knowing that you’re helping uplift the lives of our nation’s heroes.
We accept almost all vehicle types, including those that are no longer working properly.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call us anytime through our toll-free hotline at 877-594-5822 or you may write to us here. Check out our FAQs page for more information on our donation program.
Make a Lasting Impact on the Lives of Our Heroes Today!
Instead of letting your old and unwanted vehicle take up valuable space in your garage, hand it over to us and make a lasting impact on the lives of the struggling veterans in your community. Call Veteran Car Donations at 877-594-5822 or fill out our secure online donation form now!