April 18, 2022
Here’s How to Breeze Through Tax Day
Filing your taxes before the IRS-mandated deadline on Tax Day can be a daunting task. This is especially true if you have a lot of documents to prepare and so little time to do it.
Set for April 18th this year, Tax Day can indeed be a tough hurdle to overcome for some taxpayers. If you’re unable to gather the required documents as well as do your paperwork and other related tasks, tax day preparation can easily burn you out.
On the other hand, filing your taxes can be quite easy if you do your homework. As long as you follow some simple steps and remember key reminders, you’ll breeze through Tax Day without a sweat, avoiding mistakes and taking advantage of every deduction you’re entitled to when you file your income tax return.
To help you out, Veteran Car Donations shares these five helpful tips on filing your taxes:
- Consider hiring the services of a Certified Public Accountant or an accounting firm. Just remember to do your research beforehand and take into consideration the fees that will come with hiring a professional.
- Take time to review and gather your documents before Tax Day to ease the pressure and tension of finding them with only a few days to go. Check your ledger and bank details, track your invoices and other important documents, and prepare them before the due date on April 18th.
- Look for free or paid tax programs online that can offer you valuable insights and assistance for filing your taxes.
- Think about certain “milestones” you made for the year. Did you get married, start a business, or move into a new house? Events like these should and will require updates on your paperwork. It could mess up your paperwork if you fail to take note of some of these milestones.
- Prepare for next year’s Tax Day early on to take some of the load off your shoulders. Take all the lessons that you have learned this year and make it a point to prepare for the next tax season months before the due date.
Make a Difference in the Lives of Our Suffering Veterans
Worried you won’t be able to meet the deadline for filing your taxes on April 18th? While it’s certainly stressful thinking about Tax Day being just around the corner, some veterans in your community are carrying much heavier burdens. They are our former service members who are living miserable lives, suffering from homelessness, chronic unemployment, service-connected disabilities, and serious illnesses, including mental health disorders.
You can help improve their living conditions through a simple act of charity. All you have to do is donate any vehicle that you no longer need to Veteran Car Donations.
We’ll put your vehicle up for auction, with the proceeds going to our veteran-focused nonprofit partners. These IRS-certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations use the funding we give them to provide deserving veterans with free quality health care, financial aid, housing assistance, employment opportunities, family support, educational scholarships, psychotherapy services, and many other benefits.
Your charitable contribution will also benefit you in more ways than one. Aside from getting our free vehicle towing service wherever you are in the country, your donation will entitle you to claim the maximum tax deduction in the next tax season.
On top of the material rewards you’ll get, your vehicle donation will also give you that exquisite feeling of satisfaction, knowing that you’ll be helping uplift the lives of our nation’s suffering heroes.
We accept almost any vehicle type regardless of its age or condition.
For more information about Veteran Car Donations, including our quick and stress-free donation process, head over to our FAQs page. You can also give us a call anytime through our toll-free hotline at 877-594-5822 or write to us here if you have certain inquiries or concerns in mind.
Be a Ray of Hope for Our Hurting Heroes Today!
It’s about time for every American to give back to the men and women who risked their lives to protect us and safeguard our freedoms. Shine them a beacon of hope with a simple car donation. Call Veteran Car Donations at 877-594-5822 or fill out our secure online donation form now!