November 19, 2021
Women Vets, Fastest-Growing Group In the Veteran Community
To some people, the typical image of someone working in the military is a well-muscled man wearing fatigues and carrying a gun. The United States Armed Forces used to be a predominantly male-centered organization before women were allowed to serve.
The military today, however, presents a far different picture. More and more women are joining the service every year, with not a few of them promoted and assigned to command battalions and hold senior leadership positions.
American servicewomen have shown tremendous acts of bravery on the battlefield, showing that they are every bit as capable as their male counterparts.
Because of the increasing number of female U.S. soldiers, women veterans have become the fastest-growing segment in the veteran community. These veterans sacrificed and served proudly in our armed forces, helping create a stronger and more diverse military for the United States.
Let’s get to know more about our female veterans. Veteran Car Donations has listed some of the top facts and statistics about our women warriors that you probably didn’t know about.
- Nearly 84% of female veterans are of working age (17 to 64 years) compared to 55% of male veterans.
- A larger portion of female veterans ends up working in management or professional occupations than male veterans or male non-veterans.
- 40,000 women were deployed in Operation Desert Storm (1990) and Desert Shield (2006) both as support personnel and in combat roles. Most of these women have already retired from the service, especially those deployed in Desert Storm.
- 10% of the veteran population of the United States is comprised of women veterans.
- According to census.gov, women veterans are projected to comprise about 17% of the total veteran population of the country in 2040.
- The state with the highest number of women veterans living in it is Alaska
- Suicide is among the most critical issues facing our women veterans. Figures released by the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) in 2017 showed that the suicide rate of women who had served in the military was twice as high as that of civilian women.
- The VA estimates that female veterans are twice as likely to go homeless compared to non-veteran women.
Reach Out to Struggling Vets in Your Area
It’s heartbreaking to know that some of our veterans, including women, are not able to live the life they dreamt of when they left the service. They’re facing life-limiting challenges in their transition to civilian life such as service-connected disabilities and mental health conditions. Some can’t find decent jobs to support themselves and their families while others have become homeless street beggars due to lack of support and utter poverty.
You can reach out to these hapless veterans and help turn their lives around by simply donating any vehicle you no longer need to us here at Veteran Car Donations.
We’ll put your vehicle up for auction, with the proceeds going to our veteran-focused nonprofit partners. These IRS-certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations use the funding that we give them to provide their beneficiaries with free quality health care, financial aid, housing assistance, employment opportunities, family support, educational scholarships, psychotherapy services, and many other benefits.
Our donation process is easy, quick, and convenient. All you have to do to donate is call us at our toll-free line 877-594-5822. You’ll be done in just a few minutes and you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your home.
Donating to us is not only stress-free but extremely rewarding as well. Your charitable contribution will entitle you to receive free professional towing service and the maximum tax deduction in the next tax season.
Aside from the material rewards, nothing will beat the uplifting sense of fulfillment you’ll experience, knowing that your donation will help transform the lives of the destitute veterans and their families in your community.
We accept almost all vehicle types, including sedans, motorcycles, trucks, ATVs, golf carts, and other unique vehicles. Feel free to hand over to us your vehicle no matter what condition it is in.
Do you know that we cover all 50 states? Veteran Car Donations provides nationwide coverage, which means you can donate (and get free towing) no matter where you are in the country.
For more information regarding our organization and our vehicle donation process, head on over to our FAQs page. If you have any concerns or inquiries, feel free to give us a call at 877-594-5822 or send us a message online.
Help Our Hurting Heroes Today!
It’s about time for us to give back to our heroes who are facing difficult times today. Partner with us at Veteran Car Donations by donating your unwanted car to us. Call us at 877-594-5822 or fill out our online donation form now!