San Luis Obispo, California Car Donations: Show Our Vets Theyâ€™re Not Forgotten
Thereâ€™s a popular saying that goes, â€śOut with the old and in with the new.â€ť This means letting go of an old thing or idea and replacing it with a new thing or idea. You may want to bear this quote in mind when youâ€™re planning to get rid of an old car to welcome a new one that you may have just purchased.
You have several options if youâ€™re planning to dispose of a car you no longer need. You can sell it, or trade it, or give it away to someone, or simply send it to the junkyard. Unfortunately, those options may not really satisfy you.
We present you with the one option that will truly gladden your heart: Donate it to us at Veteran Car DonationsÂ through ourÂ San Luis Obispo, California car donationsÂ program. When you do that, youâ€™ll be helping improve the living conditions of the suffering veterans in your city.
These are our former servicemen and servicewomen who are living miserable lives as a result of their service-connected disabilities and illnesses, including mental health issues. Theyâ€™re also our former troops who canâ€™t find the means to support themselves and their families because of their inability to land decent jobs. As a result, many of them have fallen into poverty, with the worst ones forced to live on the streets of your city as homeless people.
How You Can Help Our Heroes
If you care for our veterans â€” those heroes who fought for us and risked their lives to protect ours â€” how about reaching out to them and showing them that theyâ€™re not forgotten?
You can easily make that gesture by donating a car to Veteran Car Donations in San Juan Obispo, CA. When you do so, weâ€™ll have your vehicle auctioned off, with the proceeds going to the military and veteran nonprofit organizationsÂ that we are in partnership with. These IRS-certified 501(c)3 nonprofits use the money to deliver the following assistance to their beneficiaries:
- Various forms of assistance for veterans confined in hospitals;
- Housing for those who are homeless;
- Employment opportunities for veterans and their spouses;
- Financial and other forms of aid for destitute, low-income, and homeless veterans;
- Therapeutic activities to help rehabilitate disabled veterans;
- Peer support for ailing veterans, their families, and caregivers;
- Nature-based psychotherapy, team building, and family dynamics development programs for veterans and their families; and
- Sponsorship of events that encourage companies and organizations to give back to the veteran community.
Why Make a San Luis Obispo, CA Car Donation?
Donating a vehicle to Veteran Car Donations makes a lot of sense. It will benefit not only the struggling veterans and their families in your city, but it will also bring you lots of things to smile about. Here are the top reasons for taking part in our San Luis Obispo, CA car donations program:
- You can reduce your tax burden in the next tax season because your gift is 100-percent tax-deductible.
- Vehicle pickup is always free with Veteran Car Donations.
- Our team will handle all the logistics.
- Weâ€™ll collect your vehicle from any location of your choice at a time and day convenient for you.
- Youâ€™ll be free from any responsibility related to your vehicleâ€™s maintenance, storage, and repairs.
- Youâ€™ll feel great, knowing that youâ€™ll be helping restore the dignity of our veterans and giving them the good life that they truly deserve.
Â We Make it Easy for You to Help Our Veterans
The donation process we follow in our San Luis Obispo, CA car donations program is made up of only three incredibly easy steps. It assures zero stress on your part while we do all the work. Take a look at our donation process and see for yourself:
- Give Veteran Car Donations a call at 877-594-5822 or fill out our donation form here.
- Provide us with the basic details about yourself and the vehicle youâ€™re donating. Weâ€™ll verify your given information and make the necessary arrangements for your vehicleâ€™s fast and free pickup. A tow truck from an affiliate licensed towing company will collect your vehicle and hand you a receipt that releases you from all liability on your vehicle from that point onward.
- Weâ€™ll sell your vehicle at an auction and send you your tax-deductible sales receipt via mail or email within 30 days following the sale. Youâ€™ll need this receipt when you claim your tax deduction in the next tax season.
The Types of Vehicles You Can Donate
You can donate almost any type of vehicle to us. In most cases, we even accept those that are no longer in good running condition. Since we require the donorâ€™s proof of ownership or title, the only ones we refuse to accept are those vehicles that have been abandoned or stolen. Check out the usual vehicles that we accept in our San Luis Obispo, CA car donations program:Â
- Cars:Â sedans, luxury cars, coupes, convertibles, hybrids, sports cars, wagons, hatchbacks
- Vans:Â family minivans, camper vans, cargo vans, passenger vans
- SUVs:Â compact, midsize, full-size or crossover versions
- Motorcycles:Â touring bikes, cruisers, scooters, off-road bikes, mopeds, sports bikes, choppers
- Trucks: box trucks, pickup trucks extended cab pickup, panel trucks, refrigerator trucks, tank trucks
- Boats: fishing boats, sailboats, tugboats, speedboats, houseboats, cruise ships, catamarans, pontoon boats, yachts
- Specialized vehicles:Â riding lawnmowers, motorized wheelchairs
- Fleet vehicles:SUVs, pickups, trucks, buses, cars, passenger vans, cargo vans, limousines, ambulances, taxicabs
- Recreational vehicles:Â noncommercial planes; campers, travel trailers, snowmobiles, Jet Skis, RVs, motorhomes, pop-up trailers, ATVs
- Work-related vehicles:Â construction vehicles, tractors and farm equipment, buses, large trucks, landscaping vehicles
Impact Lives of our Vets Today!
It only takes an unwanted car and huge heart to make a massive impact on the lives of the struggling veterans and their families in your community. Call us at 877-594-5822 or fill out our online donation formÂ to take part in our San Luis Obispo, CA car donations program today!