The United States government has been supporting veterans all over the country in their transition back to civilian life. However, thousands of our retired troops have received no support or at least not enough to help them get back on their feet. As of 2016, the United States has a population of 20.4 million veterans, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Our Centennial, Colorado car donations program generates funds for our military and veteran organization partners that are undertaking supportive programs for our countryâ€™s brave men and women.
We at Veteran Car Donations launched Centennial, Colorado car donations to make sure that assistance is provided to our struggling retired troops and their families. Through the help of our leading military and non-profit organization partners, we are able to bridge the gap in government service to our troops. Your Centennial, Colorado car donations will provide funds for the implementation programs with the following objectives:
- Support active and retired military personnel and their families
- Provide assistance to retired military personnel during their transition back to civilian life after they return home from service
- Fund the building of mortgage-free specially adapted homes for severely injured Post 9/11troops
- Fund job and skills training to veterans to help them find employment
- Fund counseling programs for active and retired troops as well as their families
- Ensure that our veterans have full access to benefits available to them
The Problems That Our Veterans Face
Thousands of our troops who have arrived home from deployment in Iraq and Afghanistan and have retired from the service are facing a variety of problems:
- Some 20 percent of those who served in Iraq have been diagnosed with either depression or post-traumatic stress disorder. Moreover, 20 percent of Americans who die by suicide every year are veterans.
- Over 4 million veterans are living below the poverty line. Another 1.4 million are just above the line, according to a U.S. Senate report in 2011.
- Unemployment is much higher among post 911 veterans than the general population, according to the Department of Labor.
- In 2010, the VA estimated that on any given night some 76,000 homeless veterans sleep on streets all over the country.
- Research shows that veterans are 50 percent more likely to become homeless than other Americans due to poverty, lack of support, and poor living conditions, according to Greendoors.org. Research further shows that the greatest risk factors for homeless veterans are lack of support and social isolation after dismissal from service.
Car Donations Process in Centennial
We made sure that the Centennial, Colorado car donations process is fast, easy, and convenient. You can fill out the donation form on our website or you can call us at 877-594-5822. Our eager-to-help phone representatives will walk you through the Centennial, Colorado car donations process and provide all the necessary information.
The online form and our phone representatives will ask for details such as:
- Your vehicleâ€™s make and model
- Your preferred time and date for pick-up
- Your vehicleâ€™s location
We will verify the information you provided. After this, we will make arrangements with a local tow company to pick up and tow your vehicle to our designated location for free. The tow company will contact you within 24 to 48 hours.
The tow company will then pick-up your vehicle and will hand you a receipt to release you from all liabilities. You can use the receipt to file a top tax deduction.
Your donated vehicle will then be taken for auction and the proceeds will be used to fund our charitable partnersâ€™ programs for veterans. Once your car is sold, we will send you a letter with the attached tax receipt via email or mail to inform you of your vehicleâ€™s final selling price. You need that receipt to claim your tax deduction.
Your Centennial, Colorado car donations will give a new hope to our countryâ€™s living but unsung heroes. You can make this possible by donating your car to Veteran Car Donations in Centennial, CO.
Centennial Colorado: How City Got Its Name
The city of Centennial, Colorado is located in Arapahoe County. Centennial City was established on Feb. 7, 2001 from unincorporated parts of Arapahoe County. Earlier, on Sept. 12, 2000, the citizens of the area voted to incorporate the city and to use Centennial as the cityâ€™s official name.
One of the best places to visit when you are in Centennial City is the Centennial Center Park. You can take your family and let your kids enjoy the water playground. You can also have a picnic and watch shows in the parkâ€™s amphitheater.
If you are a nature lover, you would want to add Cherry Creek Valley Ecological Park to your bucket list. It is one of the best places to visit when you want to go for a hike or having camping. You will also enjoy the natural beauty of the park and wetlands.