Help Veterans Find Shelter from the Storm
Have you given up on that clunker that youâ€™ve been trying to repair for several months now? Do you feel frustrated that youâ€™ve spent hundreds of dollars on parts and repair bills and yet, it still wonâ€™t run the way you want?Â
Perhaps, it is about time you consider â€śretiringâ€ť your car and giving it a new and worthy purpose. Giving up on your vehicle may seem like a defeat for you. However, it can count as a success for an individual in need.Â
By donating your car to Veteran Car Donations through our Davenport, Iowa car donations program, you will be helping those veterans in your city who are suffering from poverty, homelessness, and other afflictions.Â By giving up on your old clunker, you will be giving hope to these heroes, empowering them to support themselves.Â
Veteran Homelessness by the Numbers
One of the major concerns for veterans is their inability to find decent shelter. Here is a glance atÂ veteran homelessnessÂ in the country to give you an idea of how lack of shelter impacts the lives of our former servicemen and servicewomen.Â
- Over 9 percent of adults experiencing homelessness in the United States are veterans.Â
- Based on data gathered in January 2017, 40,056 veterans experienced homelessness on any given night.Â
- Most homeless vets are men over the age of 50 and living in urban areas.
- Veteran women are more than twice as likely as non-veteran women to experience homelessness.Â
- More than one-third of veteran women who experience homelessness have experienced military sexual trauma.
- Among the risk factors for vets who experience homelessness are poverty, unemployment and economic hardships, trauma, mental health, substance use disorders, family or relationship conflicts, disruptions in connections to social support networks, social isolation, and incarceration.
We and our charity partners believe that veterans are more than capable of living a dignified life as civilians if they are given the right opportunities and support. That is why the programs initiated by ourÂ IRS-certified 501(c)3 nonprofit partnersÂ are targeted toward addressing the key issues being experienced by our veterans.
When you turn over a vehicle to Veteran Car Donations, we will auction it off and use the proceeds to support the life-changing programs for veterans of our IRS-approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit partners.
By participating in our Davenport, Iowa car donations program, youâ€™ll be helping our charity partners to deliver the following services to deserving veterans:Â
- Financial and other forms of aid to destitute, low-income, and homeless veterans;
- Treatment of those suffering from a post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health challenges;
- Various forms of assistance to veterans confined in military hospitals;
- Programs to help veterans and their spouses find meaningful employment that suits their abilities;
- Therapeutic activities to help veterans rehabilitate and reintegrate themselves into society as well as relax and enjoy the company of their loved ones to strengthen family ties; and
- Sponsorship of events that encourage companies and organizations to give back to the veteran community.
Benefits of Donating
If you write down the benefits of donating to our Davenport, Iowa car donations program, you will find that there are plenty of pros and zero con.Â Here are those pros:
- Fast and easy system
Thereâ€™s no complicated donation process to navigate through. You can donate your car to our cause by completing three easy steps.Â
- Free towing
You wonâ€™t have to go through the directory to look for a reputable towing company. You also donâ€™t have to spend even a cent to have your car picked up and towed. Weâ€™ll take care of that â€“ Â absolutely free.Â
- Save money
Save up on repairs and maintenance bills as well as registration and insurance fees when you decide to donate your clunker to us.Â Â
- Tax deductions
You will get a 100 percent tax deduction because our nonprofit partners are certified by the IRS.
Â Our Hassle-Free Donation Process
Three easy steps are all that stand between you and freedom from your unwanted clunker. Three steps are all it takes to complete your participation in our Davenport, Iowa car donations drive.Â Here are those steps:
- Call us.
You can either call us at 877-594-5822 or fill out ourÂ online donation form to provide the information we need about the vehicle you want to donate, such as its make, model, mileage, and running condition.
- Schedule your pick-up.
We will get back to you within 24 hours of receiving your information. Weâ€™ll ask you for your preferred date, time, and place for the pick-up of your vehicle. Weâ€™ll then assign a licensed towing firm to collect your vehicle. Before we take your vehicle, weâ€™ll issue you a towing receipt. This frees you from any legal obligation to the vehicle from that point onward.Â You can use the receipt to cancel your vehicleâ€™s DMV registration and insurance coverage.
- Wait for your tax-deductible receipt in the mail.Â
We will mail to you your 100-percent tax-deductible sales receipt within 30 days following the sale of your vehicle. Youâ€™ll need this receipt to claim your tax deduction when you file your itemized federal income tax return in the next tax season.Â
If you have questions regarding our vehicle donation program, ourÂ FAQs pageÂ is filled with a lot of useful information. You can also call us at 877-594-5822 orÂ send us a message online, and we will provide you with the answers that you need.Â
The Types of Vehicles We Accept
We welcome almost all types of vehicles in our Davenport, Iowa car donations program.Â You can donate any of the following vehicles:
- Cars:Â sedans, luxury cars, coupes, convertibles, hybrids, sports cars, wagons, hatchbacks
- Vans:Â family minivans, camper vans, cargo vans, passenger vans
- SUVs:Â compact, midsize, full-size or crossover versions
- Motorcycles:Â touring bikes, cruisers, scooters, off-road bikes, mopeds, sports bikes, choppers
- Trucks:Â box trucks, pickup trucks extended cab pickup, panel trucks, refrigerator trucks, tank trucks
- Boats:Â fishing boats, sailboats, tugboats, speedboats, houseboats, cruise ships, catamarans, pontoon boats, yachts
- Specialized vehicles:Â riding lawnmowers, motorized wheelchairs
- Fleet vehicles:SUVs, pickups, trucks, buses, cars, passenger vans, cargo vans, limousines, ambulances, taxicabs
- Recreational vehicles:Â noncommercial planes; campers, travel trailers, snowmobiles, Jet Skis, RVs, motorhomes, pop-up trailers, ATVs
- Work-related vehicles:Â construction vehicles, tractors and farm equipment, buses, large trucks, landscaping vehicles
Transform Vetsâ€™ Lives with Your Car Donation Now!
Having access to a decent shelter is a primary need for any individual. Our veterans devoted years of their lives and exposed themselves to harsh conditions and realities to protect our lives and liberties. It is high time they receive the support they need in their hour of need.Â
Donate your old car to our Davenport, Iowa car donations program today and transform the lives of struggling veterans who badly need help. Call us at 877-594-5822 or fill out our online donation form or and weâ€™ll handle everything else for you â€“ including your vehicleâ€™s FREE pickup and towing and the required paperwork to enable you to receive a top tax deduction.