Make a Difference in the Lives of Our Hurting Heroes
Do you want to get rid of your clunker thatâ€™s become a liability with its costly repairs that are draining your wallet? Do you want to support a worthwhile cause that will benefit the struggling veterans in Detroit, Michigan while youâ€™re at it? If you say â€śyesâ€ť to both questions, then youâ€™d make a perfect vehicle donor to us atÂ Veteran Car DonationsÂ through ourÂ Detroit, MI car donations program.Â
We serve the entire state of Michigan, including nearby Ann Arbor as well as local neighborhoods like Arden Park, Boynton, Coleman, Core City, Downtown, East Village, Fiskhorn, Greenacres, Hope Village, Islandview, Krainz Woods, Littlefield, MorningSide, North End, Osborn, Pembrooke, Riverdale, Sherwood Forest, Tacoma, University District, Virginia Park, Weatherby, and Yorkshire Woods.
How Your Donation Will Impact Lives of Needy Veterans
Many of our former service members are having a hard time fitting themselves into our civilian society for a variety of reasons. For one thing, itâ€™s hard for them to secure a decent source of income, which they need to support themselves and their families. This is mainly because they canâ€™t find suitable civilian jobs. Some are suffering from service-connected disabilities and illnesses, including mental health disorders. For lack of support, others have become homeless and forced to beg for alms on the street.
Your participation in our program for car donations in Detroit will greatly benefit the struggling veterans in your city.
Veteran Car Donations has teamed up with reputableÂ IRS-certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizationsÂ that provide solutions to the challenges confronting many of our former service members.
Weâ€™ll have your donated vehicle auctioned off, with the proceeds used to support the various life-enhancement programs of our nonprofit partners. The programs provide their veteran beneficiaries with the following services:
- Housing assistance for those who are homeless;
- Educational scholarships and tutoring support for those who seek to pursue higher education;
- Job training and mentoring for veterans who need to find stable and rewarding employment;
- Financial and other forms of aid for destitute, low-income, and homeless veterans;
- Various forms of assistance for those confined in hospitals;
- Therapeutic activities to help rehabilitate disabled veterans;
- Nature-based psychotherapy, team building, and family dynamics development programs for veterans and their families; and
- Peer support for ailing veterans, their families, and caregivers.
Aside from these services, our charity partners sponsor events aimed at encouraging companies and organizations to give back to the veteran community.
Why Choose Veteran Car Donations?
Participating in our program for car donations in Detroit could be one of your lifeâ€™s greatest experiences. Along with the deep sense of fulfillment that youâ€™ll feel knowing that youâ€™ll get to help the suffering veterans in your city, youâ€™d also be able to enjoy these outstanding benefits:
- Maximum tax deduction
- Free towing service
- Hassle-free donation process
- Weâ€™ll take care of all the paperwork
- Avoid costly maintenance and repairs
- More storage space in your garage
How to Make Car Donations in Detroit
We want you to have the most satisfying experience when you make auto donations for veterans with us. Thatâ€™s why weâ€™ll make sure that youâ€™ll go through the smoothest, quickest, and most convenient donation process. You can count on our team to do all the work for you.
Here are the three easy steps to make car donations for veterans:
1. Contact us.
You can begin to donate a car to a veteransâ€™ charity by giving us a call at 877-594-5822 or filling out our secure online donation form here. Weâ€™ll need to have your name and contact information, as well as your vehicleâ€™s year, make, model, and mileage. Weâ€™ll also ask you to confirm if you have the vehicleâ€™s title with you and to give us an idea about your carâ€™s working condition.
2. We tow your vehicle for free and at your convenience.
As soon as we receive your request and verify your given information, weâ€™ll get in touch with you as soon as possible to schedule your vehicleâ€™s fast and free pickup. Weâ€™ll let you pick the date and time for us to collect your donation. A professional towing company will collect your car from a location of your choice and at no cost to you. Youâ€™ll receive a towing receipt from us on the same day. This will allow you to cancel your carâ€™s insurance coverage and de-register your car from your local DMV.
3. Receive your tax-deductible receipt by mail.
Following the sale of your vehicle, weâ€™ll mail to you your 100% tax-deductible sales receipt. You can use this to claim your tax deduction when you file your itemized federal income tax return in the next tax season.
The Types of Vehicles You Can Donate
You can finally get rid of every hunk of junk thatâ€™s taking up valuable space on your property. Veteran Car Donations is willing to accept almost all types of vehicles regardless of their age, mileage, and working condition. We take vehicles that failed the emissions testing, have broken windshields, busted engines, or flat tires.
Look over this list of vehicles that you can donate to us through our Detroit, MI vehicle donations program:
- Cars:Â sedans, compact cars, hybrids, sports cars, coupes, luxury cars, convertibles
- SUVs:Â compact, mid-size, full-size, crossover versions
- Vans: cargo vans, passenger vans, family vans, minivans
- RVs:Â toy haulers, folding and tent trailers, campers, hybrid trailers, travel trailers, motorhomes
- Trucks:Â mobile cranes, garbage trucks, refrigerator trucks, tank trucks, box trucks, dump trucks, extended cabs
- Fleet vehicles:Â limousines, buses, minivans, vans, taxis, ambulances
- Motorcycles:Â scooters, mopeds, sports bikes, dirt bikes, off-road bikes, cruisers, choppers, touring bikes
- ATVs:Â three-wheelers, four-wheelers
- Specialty vehicles:Â motorized wheelchairs, snowmobiles, riding lawnmowers, ATVs, golf carts
- Work vehicles:Â tractors, landscaping vehicles, farm equipment, construction vehicles
- Water vessels:Â cruise ships, tugboats, sailboats, speedboats, fishing boats, motorboats, yachts, pontoon boats, catamarans
- Aircraft:Â gliders, noncommercial planes, helicopters
Learn More About Detroitâ€™s Veteran Population
As befitting a major population center, Detroit has a sizable number of veterans living there, with more than 25,000 in the city as of 2019. Of these, most served during Vietnam as well as the First and Second Gulf Wars. Less than 700 World War II veterans were still living in the city as of the last count. The majority are older than 55, and nearly 37% qualified as disabled. The poverty rate for former servicepeople in Detroit was higher than 18%. All of this serves to highlight the extreme need for services that provide support to the men and women who have served our country.Â
Impact Lives of Our Heroes Today!
Who wouldâ€™ve thought that your clunker can make a huge difference in the lives of the suffering heroes in your city? Show them your appreciation for their invaluable service to our nation by taking part in our Detroit, MI car donations program. Call Veteran Car Donations at 877-594-5822 or fill out ourÂ online donation formÂ now!