Turn Your Clunker into a Life-Changer for Our Veterans
Did you know that your old car thatâ€™s just gathering dust in your garage can be turned into a powerful tool that can help turn around the lives of the struggling veterans in your city? That will happen when you hand over that vehicle to us atÂ Veteran Car DonationsÂ through ourÂ Lansing, Michigan car donationsÂ program.Â
We serve the entire state of Michigan, including nearby neighborhoods like Arbor Heights, Bayview, Bluebell, Canyon Hill, Dell Road, Edgemont, Foster, Groesbeck, Highlands, Ingham Park, Jones Lake, Knollwood Willow, Lewton Rich, Midwood, Northtown, Oak Park, Park Terrace, River Ridge, Southfield, Turner-Dodge, and Woodside.
As of 2018, Lansing, Michiganâ€™s capital city, had 5,725 veterans. They are among those hailed as our nationâ€™s heroes for the great sacrifice theyâ€™ve done for our nation.
Sadly, many of them are living miserable lives, burdened by their service-connected disabilities and illnesses, including mental health issues. As a result, they are unable to find decent and stable jobs. Some have fallen deep into poverty and have become homeless, forced to beg for alms on our streets.
Hereâ€™s How Your Gift Will Benefit Our Vets and Their Families
To help improve their living conditions, Veteran Car Donations has teamed up with reputableÂ IRS-certified 501(c)3 nonprofit organizationsÂ that cater to veterans and their families. These nonprofits provide solutions to the challenges confronting many of our veterans.
We auction off each vehicle donated to us, with the proceeds going toward the veteran-focused programs and services that our charity partners provide their beneficiaries with.
Thanks to your gift, our nationâ€™s heroes will receive the following benefits:
- Housing assistance for those who are homeless;
- Employment opportunities;
- Financial and other forms of aid for destitute, low-income, and homeless veterans;
- Various forms of assistance for those confined in hospitals;
- Therapeutic activities to help rehabilitate disabled veterans;
- Nature-based psychotherapy, team building, and family dynamics development programs for veterans and their families; and
- Peer support for ailing veterans, their families, and caregivers.
Aside from these services, our nonprofit partners sponsor events aimed at encouraging companies and organizations to support the veteran community.
How Youâ€™ll Benefit from Your Lansing, Michigan Car Donation
Donating to Veteran Car Donations will benefit not just our veterans but yourself as well. You will get to enjoy the following high-value rewards when you take part in our Lansing, Michigan car donations program:
- Significantly reduce your tax bill in the next tax season.
- You donâ€™t have to spend a single dime for towing.
- Experience a donation process thatâ€™s quick and effortless.
- Avoid the stresses that are associated with reselling an old vehicle yourself.
- Stop paying for the costly repairs and maintenance of a worn-out car.
- Maximize the use of the extra space in your garage.
- Take pride in teaming up with reputable nonprofit organizations.
- Enjoy a most satisfying donating experience, knowing that your act of charity will help transform the lives of our nationâ€™s heroes.
Our Simple and Straightforward Donation Process
If youâ€™re looking for the easiest and most cost-effective way to donate a car for charity, youâ€™d be glad to know that at Veteran Car Donations, we have a donation process thatâ€™s simple and straightforward.
Hereâ€™s a quick guide to the three-step donation process we follow in our Lansing, Michigan car donations program:
- Call or click.
You can donate your vehicle over the phone by calling us at 877-594-5822 to give us basic information about yourself and your vehicle. If you prefer to donate your vehicle to charity online, simply fill out our donation form here.
- Schedule your vehicleâ€™s pickup.
After providing us all the information we need, weâ€™ll verify this and return your call on the same day. Weâ€™ll ask you to set a date, time, and place for your vehicleâ€™s free pickup. Our tow truck will then collect your vehicle. We do not require your presence at the pickup site for as long as you tell us where in your vehicle we can find your keys and title. As soon as you hand over your vehicle to us, weâ€™ll give you your towing receipt. This document will release you from all liabilities on your donated vehicle from that point onward. With this receipt, you may now cancel your insurance coverage and DMV registration.
- Receive your tax-deductible receipt.
With your vehicle in our hands, weâ€™ll have it auctioned off. Weâ€™ll exert our best effort to sell your vehicle at its highest possible price to maximize the tax deduction you can claim from your donation. After your vehicle gets sold, weâ€™ll send you your 100% tax-deductible sales receipt by mail. Youâ€™ll need this to claim your tax deduction when you file your itemized federal income tax return in the next tax season.
You Can Donate Almost Any Type of Vehicle
With Veteran Car Donations, you wonâ€™t have to think twice before handing over your rusty motorbike or your non-working golf cart. In other words, weâ€™re not picky! You can hand over anything that has an engine. Weâ€™ll find a way to squeeze some value out of it.
Check out this list of the different types of vehicles that we gladly welcome in our Lansing, Michigan car donations for veterans:
- Cars:Â sedans, compact cars, hybrids, sports cars, coupes, luxury cars, convertibles
- SUVs:Â compact, mid-size, full-size, crossover versions
- Vans:Â cargo vans, passenger vans, family vans, minivans
- RVs:Â toy haulers, folding and tent trailers, campers, hybrid trailers, travel trailers, motorhomes
- Trucks:Â mobile cranes, garbage trucks, refrigerator trucks, tank trucks, box trucks, dump trucks, extended cabs
- Fleet vehicles:Â limousines, buses, minivans, vans, taxis, ambulances
- Motorcycles:Â scooters, mopeds, sports bikes, dirt bikes, off-road bikes, cruisers, choppers, touring bikes
- ATVs:Â three-wheelers, four-wheelers
- Specialty vehicles:Â motorized wheelchairs, snowmobiles, riding lawnmowers, ATVs, golf carts
- Work vehicles:Â tractors, landscaping vehicles, farm equipment, construction vehicles
- Water vessels:Â cruise ships, tugboats, sailboats, speedboats, fishing boats, motorboats, yachts, pontoon boats, catamarans
- Aircraft:Â non-commercial planes, helicopters
Learn More About Lansing, MI
As of 2019, there were approximately 5,400 veterans living in Lansing, MI. Of these, the majority served during the Vietnam War as well as the First and Second Gulf Wars. Most of these veterans are over the age of 55, and roughly a third of them qualify as disabled. The poverty rate for former servicemen and women living in the community is nearly 8%. All of this goes to show the extreme need for services that support these men and women so they can live their lives in the comfort and dignity befitting their sacrifices.Â
Help Uplift Lives of Our Heroes Today
Help us create a brighter future for the brave men and women who risked their lives to fight for our freedom and security. Allow us to transform your no-longer-needed car into a source of support for the veterans in your city. Call Veterans Car Donations at 877-594-5822 or fill out ourÂ online donation formÂ to take part in our Lansing, Michigan vehicle donations program now!