Do you have an old motorcycle you no longer use and that is just taking up space in your carport or yard? Consider giving it away to us at Veteran Car Donations, an organization that has been working for more than 20 years now to generate funds to support the veteran-centered programs of our non-profit organization partners.
When you take part in our North Carolina motorcycle donations program, youâ€™ll be giving our veterans an unforgettable ride to a better future.
You may have had many wonderful memories of yourself traveling on your motorcycle. But perhaps, the time has come for you to ditch your motorbike and try something better, bigger, or maybe something a lot more different. In your younger years, you might have bought your motorcycle simply because you loved the thrill that came with driving it. But now that youâ€™re older and wiser, driving a motorcycle might have lost its appeal. You might have realized that itâ€™s so much safer and better to drive a car in the city streets of North Carolina.
How Your Motorcycle Donations Will Help Our Veterans
Your motorcycle might just be a scrap of metal, plastics, and rubber to you now, but you can still find a good use for it by donating it to a worthy cause such as for the benefit of impoverished veterans in North Carolina. If you donate it to our North Carolina motorcycle donations program, we will convert your motorcycle into a funding resource for our nonprofit partners. These nonprofits are dedicated to providing services to our veterans and their families to empower them and improve their living conditions. Among the services they provide are:
- Educational assistance through scholarships and tutoring programs to help veterans realize their full potential;
- Job training and career workshops to increase their chances of getting a stable job;
- Mental health care for those who have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI);
- Mortgage-free and specially adapted housing for the homeless and the severely injured, respectively;
- Psychosocial support for the grieving families of fallen heroes;
- General transitioning assistance for those who were recently discharged from active service;
- Information campaigns on the full list of benefits that veterans can avail themselves of;
- Public awareness campaigns on the needs of our veterans.
When you donate to our North Carolina motorcycle donations program, youâ€™d be helping sustain and improve the quality of these programs and services.
North Carolinaâ€™s Veterans at a Glance
Based on the U.S. Census Bureauâ€™s 2010-2014 American Community Survey (ACS), North Carolina had a population of 709,471 veterans, comprising 9.6 percent of its adult population.
According to the report, 7.5 percent (53,210) of North Carolinaâ€™s veterans lived in poverty. The state also had a veteran unemployment rate of 9.3 percent (65,980). The data also shows that 20.3 percent (143,658) of North Carolina’s veterans had a service-connected disability rating while 1,092 were listed as homeless.
Perks That Await Our North Carolina Motorcycle Donors
By choosing to donate your old motorcycle to Veteran Car Donations, be sure to expect these incentives:
- Receive a maximized tax deduction
- Have your motorcycle towed at no cost
- Get rid of an unwanted or unneeded vehicle for free
- No need to go through the hassles of trying to sell an old motorcycle
- More space for your garage, driveway, or yard
- Have a joyful feeling, knowing that the motorcycle you donated to our North Carolina motorcycle donations program will be helping our nationâ€™s heroes readjust to a normal life
Our Quick and Easy North Carolina Motorcycle Donations Process
Donating motorcycles to Veteran Car Donations is simple, fast, and easy. Whatever type of motorcycle youâ€™re donating — a Chopper, a Hog, a Goldwing Cruiser, a Street Bike or a Crotch Rocket â€“ and whatever brand — Yamaha, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, or others — we will gladly accept it. Here is a guide to our quick three-step motorcycle donation process:
- Contact us.
Give us a call at 877-594-5822 or fill out our online donation form. Tell us a few basic details about you and the motorcycle youâ€™re donating. We assure you of utmost confidentiality on the information youâ€™ll provide us.
- We pick up your motorcycle.
We will make an arrangement with a licensed a towing company in your area. Expect the company to contact you to ask when, what time, and where they can pick up your motorcycle. When the towing truck arrives to pick up your motorcycle, the driver will give you a donation receipt acknowledging that your vehicle was picked up. This releases you from all liabilities on the motorcycle youâ€™re donating from that point forward. You can now de-register your motorcycle and cancel its insurance coverage. That receipt also allows you to take the minimum tax deduction without further paperwork.
- Get your tax receipt.
With your motorcycle in our possession, weâ€™ll do some repair and refurbishing on it to make it look better before placing it up for bidding. Once it is sold, we transfer the proceeds to our nonprofit partners to enable them to sustain their assistance programs for our veterans and their families. Within 30 days after the sale of your motorcycle, expect to receive a tax-deductible sales receipt in your mailbox. The final selling price of your motorcycle as printed in the receipt will serve as the basis of your tax deduction claim when you file your itemized federal tax return.
Are you ready to donate your motorcycle to support a worthy cause? Contact us today at 877-594-5822 and give our veterans one memorable ride with your North Carolina motorcycle donations!