When they enlisted in the military and subsequently deployed in some war-torn countries where Americaâ€™s interests were at stake, our then active-duty soldiers put their lives on the line during every mission. They sacrificed a lot to fulfill their mandate of protecting our nationâ€™s security.
Returning home bruised and battered by their horrific experiences on the battlefield, these men now face another challenge, which is proving to be a much tougher one: How to reintegrate into civilian society.
Sadly, many are unable to receive the government benefits due them. They wallow in poverty as a result of failure to find decent jobs due to various reasons. Some have become homeless.
This is the reason why Veteran Car Donations has set up our Barstow, California car donations program. Through this platform, we encourage the people of Barstow to donate their own, unwanted automobiles to support the veterans in their own city.
About Barstow, California
The city of Barstow in California is part of San Bernardino County. It is considered a major transportation center for the Inland Empire region in Southern California. Numerous major highways such as U.S. Route 66, California State Route 58, Interstate 40, and Interstate 15 meet in the city. This has made the city a major hub of tourist trade and economy. Barstow is now one of the fastest developing cities in Southern California.
A former frontier town, Barstow is an outfitting region for expeditions into Death Valley. It has, at some point, functioned as a desert junction for overland wagon trains.
The first settlements were established in Barstow in the late 1840s. Railroads were built and by 1883, the Southern Pacific Railroad came into the area. A portion of its line was transferred to the Santa Fe Railroad a year after. The owner of the Santa Fe Railroad was William Barstow Strong. The city was named after him. Prior to that, the city of Barstow was known as Waterman Junction, Camp Sugarloaf, and Grapevine.
Barstow offers such attractions as The Mother Road Museum, Western America Railroad Museum, Calico Ghost Town, and the Calico Early Man Archaeological Site.
Visitors and residents can also spend and enjoy their leisure time in Barstowâ€™s station mall located on the main street as it is filled with a variety of restaurants, shops, cafes, and fast food outlets.
â€˜What Will The Veterans Benefit From My Donation?â€™
Through our Barstow, California car donations program, Veteran Car Donations generates funds for our reputable non-profit organization partners to help sustain their various programs for the benefit of our veterans. These programs provide such services as:
- Permanent, mortgage-free housing for homeless veterans
- Specially-adapted mortgage-free homes for those severely injured in combat
- Career workshops and mentoring support for those who need to find jobs
- Veteran-specific educational scholarships for those who want to earn degrees
- General transitioning assistance for those who were recently discharged from the service
- Medical care for those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury, and other mental disorders
- Information campaigns on veteran benefits so that our veterans would know how to avail themselves of such benefits
- Grief counseling and psychosocial support for the families of fallen soldiers
Â â€˜What Will I Benefit From My Donation?â€™
Whatâ€™s great about our Barstow, California car donations program is that you as a donor can also expect to receive rewards for your good deeds. Itâ€™s truly a win-win proposition for you. Here are the rewards that await you:
- Hefty tax deduction
- You avoid the hassles of trying to sell your car
- No need to compromise your privacy and safety when you negotiate with strangers
- You get the extra space that youâ€™ve always wanted in your garage
- You can quit paying for your car registration and insurance
- We handle the paperwork from title transfer completion to tax-deductible receipt issuance
- Savor the joy of doing something wonderful for fellow Americans in dire need of help
The Types of Vehicles We Accept for Donation
We accept nearly all types of vehicles in our Barstow, California car donations program. On a case-to-case basis, we accept even vehicles that have dents and scratches, with a few missing parts like busted tail lights, and those that are not in running condition.
Hereâ€™s a partial list of the vehicle types that we gladly accept as car donations:
- Cars: vans, trucks, SUVs, buses
- Motorcycles: sports bikes, scooters, touring motorcycles, dirt bikes
- Watercraft: jet skis, motorboats, submarines, cruise ships
- Aircraft: non-commercial planes, helicopters
- RVs: campers, motorhomes, travel trailers, pop-up trailers
- Specialty vehicles: ATVs, motorized wheelchairs, snowmobiles
If the vehicle you intend to donate is not on this list, feel free to give us a call at 877-594-5822. We love talking to you.
â€˜How Will I Donate My Car?â€™
Our Barstow, California car donations process is quick and easy. There are only three steps to get your car towed at no cost to you:
Step 1: Visit our website and fill out our online vehicle donation form. You may also contact us at 877-594-5822. We will ask for your vehicleâ€™s information such as its make and model, your preferred time and date for pick-up, and your vehicleâ€™s pick-up location.
Step 2:Â After verifying the information you provided, we will make arrangements with a professional tow company to pick up your car. We will pay the towing fee. The tow company will then pick up your vehicle. We will hand you a donation receipt that will release you from all liabilities on the car youâ€™re donating. You can now de-register your vehicle, dispose of your license plates properly, and cancel your insurance coverage, thus saving you money.
Step 3: Within 30 days after we auction off your car, we will send by mail your 100 percent tax-deductible sale receipt, indicating your donated vehicleâ€™s final selling price. This will serve as the basis of your tax deduction claim when you file your itemized federal tax return.
If you still have questions about our Barstow, California car donations program, feel free to get in touch with us. Contact us at 877-594-5822 and donate your car for the benefit of our struggling veterans, our heroes!