No matter how hard we try to take care of our cars, they will eventually break down due to wear and tear. If your old commuter car is giving you more trouble than itâ€™s worth, you might want to consider getting rid of it. The good news is, you can easily dispose of your clunker for free, as quickly as possible, and without any inconvenience when you decide to turn it over to Veteran Car Donations through our New Haven, Connecticut car donations program.
Indeed, donating to us your unwanted vehicle will surely put a swift end to all your clunker woes. Moreover, your donation will also be used to provide life-transforming benefits to the veterans and their families in your city.
The Common Struggles Faced by Many Veterans
Many of the brave men and women who served in the military have experienced the brutalities of war. After putting their lives on the line to defend our freedoms and ensure our security, thousands upon thousands of them have arrived home for good from their overseas deployment with the hope of building a life thatâ€™s healthy and productive. Unfortunately, not all of them are experiencing a smooth transition into the private sector.
The veterans who are facing transition challenges include those who came home without a limb or two and those who returned with still untreated mental health disorders. We can also see some veterans joining the ranks of the homeless as we see them languishing on the streets, begging for alms, seemingly with no hope or dignity left in them.
According to the United States Census Bureau, as of July 2018, out of the estimated 130,418 New Haven residents, 3,518 of them were former U.S. servicemen and servicewomen. You might just be the person who could help them overcome the unique challenges that theyâ€™re being confronted with.
Itâ€™s Our Pleasure to Take Care of Our Veterans
We at Veteran Car Donations believe that we have a moral responsibility to give the highest quality of care to our former soldiers. For this reason, we have teamed up with several like-minded IRS-determined 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations to give hope to our nationâ€™s suffering heroes through programs and services that include the following:
- Financial and other forms of assistance to poor, low-income, and homeless veterans;
- Providing various forms of benefits to veterans confined in military hospitals;
- Treatment of those suffering from a post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health issues;
- Programs to help veterans and their spouses find meaningful employment that suits their abilities;
- Therapeutic activities to help veterans rehabilitate and reintegrate themselves into society in the company of their loved to strengthen family ties; and
- Sponsorship of events that encourage companies and organizations to give back to the veteran community.
If you want to help in taking care of our dear veterans, consider taking part in our New Haven, Connecticut car donations program. For additional information about the ins and outs of our donation process or how your charitable contribution will benefit you, check out our FAQs page. You may also call us at 877-594-5822 or send us a message online.
Joining New Haven, Connecticut Car Donations is Easy!
Since we want all our donors to have a positive giving experience with us, we made our donation process as hassle-free as possible. Check out the three easy steps youâ€™ll need to take when you take part in our New Haven, Connecticut car donations program:
- STEP 1: Get in touch with our team.
You can jumpstart your donation process by calling us at 877-594-5822 or by filling out our online donation form. Provide us with all the required information including your contact details and your vehicleâ€™s year, make, model, and mileage. We also need to know if your vehicle still runs and if you have its title.
- STEP 2: Schedule your vehicleâ€™s FREE pickup.
Tell us when and where you want us to haul your vehicle away for free. On the day of your carâ€™s pickup, youâ€™ll receive a towing or donation receipt that releases you from all liability from that point forward. You can use this document to cancel your carâ€™s insurance coverage and registration with your local DMV.
- STEP 3: Receive your tax-deductible receipt by mail.
Within 30 days after we auction off your donation, weâ€™ll send you your 100-percent tax-deductible sales receipt by mail. Youâ€™ll need this in itemizing your deductions on your federal income tax return in the next tax season.
How You Can Benefit from Your Donation
Here are some of the rewards that await you when you participate in our New Haven, Connecticut car donations program:
- Our donation process is quick and painless.
- You wonâ€™t have to pay for towing.
- Weâ€™re willing to accept nearly any type of vehicle whether it needs a lot of work or otherwise.
- Quit paying for your vehicleâ€™s maintenance and repair as well as its insurance coverage and registration.
- Your donation is 100-percent tax-deductible.
The Types of Vehicles You Can Donate
You can donate almost any type of vehicle to us. In most cases, we even accept those that are not in good running condition. Since we require the donorâ€™s proof of ownership, the only ones we refuse to accept are those vehicles that have been abandoned or stolen.
Check out the usual vehicles that we accept in our New Haven, Connecticut car donations program:
- Cars: luxury cars, sports cars, wagons, hybrids, hatchbacks, sedans, coupes, convertibles
- Trucks: extended cab pickup, panel trucks, box trucks, pickup trucks
- SUVs: compact, midsize, full-size or crossover versions
- Vans: camper vans, cargo vans, passenger vans, family minivans
- Motorcycles: scooters, touring bikes, off-road bikes, cruisers, sports bikes,
- Recreational vehicles: motorhomes, snowmobiles, jet skis
- Aircraft: gliders, helicopters, private noncommercial planes
- Boats: fishing boats, tugboats, speedboats, pontoon boats, yachts, cruise ships, catamaran boats, sailboats
- Specialty vehicles: ATVs, golf carts, riding lawnmowers, motorized wheelchairs
- Work-related vehicles: buses, construction vehicles, large trucks, farm equipment, landscaping vehicles
Donate Your Clunker Today!
Donating a vehicle to help our veterans wonâ€™t take much of your time. Participate in our New Haven, Connecticut car donations program today to give hope to our suffering veterans. Call us at 877-594-5822 or fill out our online donation form to get started.