Time to Give Back to Our Heroes
America is a huge country thatâ€™s not only teeming with busy glittering cities but also small towns radiant with scenic beauty. West Hartford in the state of Connecticut is one of them.
The town is home to various attractions that draw in large crowds from nearby areas. You can enjoy the many green spaces you can find in the town, or you can just hang out in its popular downtown area. This place is packed with shops and picture-perfect brick buildings.
While West Hartford may look like a town thatâ€™s free of problems, it isnâ€™t entirely so. The latest data from the U.S. Census Bureau show that 6.4% of West Hartfordâ€™s estimated population of 63,268 (as of April 2010) comprised of persons living in poverty. Some of these impoverished individuals are likely veterans, who numbered 2,419 based on the 2019 population estimates.
They are our former service members who can no longer support themselves and their families because they canâ€™t find employment or have been laid off from their jobs. Some of them are suffering from service-connected disabilities and illnesses, including mental health conditions. For lack of support, others have become homeless and now live on the streets as beggars.
If you feel compassion for these men and women who ironically are considered our nationâ€™s heroes, extend them a helping hand by partnering with us at Veteran Car Donations. You can easily do this by making a vehicle donation to our West Hartford, Connecticut car donations program.
How Your West Hartford, CT Car Donation Will Help Needy Vets
By donating an unwanted vehicle to our West Hartford, CT car donations program, youâ€™ll be helping uplift the lives of the destitute veterans in your town. We work with IRS-registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that are dedicated to serving disadvantaged and neglected veterans.
Weâ€™ll have your donated vehicle auctioned off, with the proceeds going to our charity partners. They use the funding that we give them to provide their beneficiaries with:
- Job training and mentoring for veterans who need to find stable and rewarding employment;
- Financial and other forms of aid for destitute, low-income, and homeless veterans;
- Various forms of assistance for those confined in hospitals;
- Therapeutic activities to help rehabilitate disabled veterans;
- Nature-based psychotherapy, team building, and family dynamics development programs for veterans and their families;
- Housing assistance for those who are homeless; and
- Educational scholarships and tutoring support for those who seek to pursue higher education.
Aside from these services, our charity partners also sponsor events aimed at encouraging companies and organizations to give back to the veteran community.
You Wonâ€™t Be Going Home Empty-Handed As Our Donor
Hereâ€™s a sneak peek at the valuable rewards you stand to get when you make a West Hartford, CT car donation:
- Youâ€™ll get the highest possible tax deduction.
- Weâ€™ll pick up your vehicle for free and at your convenience.
- You wonâ€™t have to worry anymore about the costs of repairs, parts replacements, maintenance, registration, and insurance that come with owning an old vehicle.
- Youâ€™ll find satisfaction from our super easy donation process.
- You avoid the hassles and costs of selling an old car yourself.
- Youâ€™ll free up valuable space in your garage.
- Youâ€™ll find great satisfaction in doing your share to improve the living conditions of our heroes and restore their dignity.
A Stress-Free Way to Donate
If youâ€™re looking for the easiest and most cost-effective way to get rid of your old clunker, youâ€™d be happy to know that at Veteran Car Donations, we have made our donation process short and almost effortless for you. Just do the following steps to take part in our West Hartford. CT car donations program:
- Reach out to us.
Feel free to start your donation process by calling us at 877-594-5822. Weâ€™ll ask you a couple of questions about yourself and your donation. You can also donate your vehicle by filling out our online donation form here.
- Weâ€™ll tow away your vehicle for free.
Weâ€™ll assign a professional towing company affiliated with us to pick up your vehicle at a date, time, and place convenient for you. The company will issue you a towing receipt on the same day so that you can be released from all liabilities on your vehicle from that point onward. This means you are now free to cancel your vehicleâ€™s DMV registration and insurance coverage.
- Receive your tax-deductible receipt.
Weâ€™ll have your vehicle sold in one of the best auction houses within our network. Within 30 days after the sale, weâ€™ll mail to you your 100% tax-deductible sales receipt. You will need this receipt to claim your tax deduction when you file your itemized federal income tax return in the next tax season.
The Vehicle Types You Can Donate
The best thing about donating to us is that weâ€™re willing to accept any type of vehicle in whatever condition it may be in â€” as long as itâ€™s not abandoned or stolen. To make it possible for us to sell a vehicle at auction, we need its title or proof of ownership, which abandoned or stolen vehicles do not have.
However, in case youâ€™ve just misplaced your vehicleâ€™s title, call Veteran Car Donations at 877-594-5822 and weâ€™ll gladly help you secure a duplicate copy of your title quickly so you can proceed with your donation.
Look over this list of vehicles that we welcome in our West Hartford, CT car donations program:
- Cars: sedans, compact cars, hybrids, sports cars, coupes, luxury cars
- SUVs: compact, mid-size, full-size, crossover versions
- Vans: cargo vans, passenger vans, family vans, minivans
- RVs: toy haulers, folding and tent trailers, campers, hybrid trailers,
- Trucks: mobile cranes, garbage trucks, refrigerator trucks, tank trucks, box trucks,
- Fleet vehicles: limousines, buses, minivans, vans, taxis, ambulances
- Motorcycles: scooters, mopeds, sports bikes, dirt bikes, off-road bikes,
- ATVs: three-wheelers, four-wheelers
- Specialty vehicles: motorized wheelchairs, snowmobiles, riding lawnmowers,
- Work vehicles: tractors, landscaping vehicles, farm equipment, construction vehicles
- Water vessels: cruise ships, tugboats, sailboats, speedboats
- Aircraft: gliders, noncommercial planes, helicopters
Turn Your Old Ride into an Instrument of Hope
Your vehicle may have lost its luster, but it can still be turned into an instrument of hope for those veterans in your town who are crying out for help. Donate that vehicle to Veteran Car Donations by calling 877-594-5822 or filling out our online donation form today!