Help Free Our Veterans from Mental Health Woes with Your Car Donation
With mental health awareness in the uptrend, more and more people are beginning to understand the importance of caring for a personâ€™s mental and psychological well being.Â
Veterans are among the top sectors affected by mental health issues. Unfortunately, a lot of our former servicemen and women are reeling from the after-effects of their deployment in conflict areas overseas long after they have completed their missions.Â
They are in dire need of help, and you may be in a unique position to make a difference in their lives without even knowing it.Â
If you have an old clunker that youâ€™ve been itching to get rid of because of the major headaches itâ€™s been giving you, you can use that to transform the lives of the needy veterans in Cocoa Beach, Florida.
By donating that car to Veteran Car DonationsÂ through our Cocoa Beach, Florida car donations program, we can find the right buyer for your vehicle when we auction it off. Weâ€™ll then use the proceeds to fund the vital programs of our partnerÂ IRS-certified 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations. These charitiesÂ provide essential mental health services and many other benefits for deserving vets.
Supporting Veteransâ€™ Mental Health
Itâ€™s a saddening sight, but it has become quite commonplace to see veterans loitering along our streets and sidewalks begging for alms just to survive. It is heartbreaking to see men and women who once bravely fought for our lives and liberty getting ignored by the general population and being treated like nuisances.Â
These veterans do not beg for food and money by choice. Rather, they are ill-equipped to function in society partly because of severe mental health issues that have haunted them since their return home from their overseas deployment.Â StudiesÂ from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs have indicated that vets mostly suffer from the following mental health issues long after their tours of duties are over:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
PTSD is an anxiety disorder linked to combat experience. Ex-service personnel who continue to suffer from the condition often find themselves reliving traumatic events they witnessed during their combat missions and avoiding situations similar to those events.Â Â If left untreated, this condition will be with them for the rest of their lives.
- Bipolar disorder
Exposure to conflict also triggers conditions like bipolar disorder among veterans. This condition, also known as manic depressive illness, is a brain disorder that drives patients to swing between extreme joy and sadness.Â
Depression is a mental health condition that causes patients to experience an extreme sense of sadness or loss. It is also closely linked to suicide. In 2015, records showed that suicide was the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S. About 18 percent of the number was made up of veterans.Â
What You Can Do to HelpÂ
By donating a vehicle that you no longer need or use to our Cocoa Beach, Florida car donations program, youâ€™ll be helping our charity partners fund their projects that support veterans who are suffering from poor mental health. Youâ€™ll also empower them to become self-reliant and employable through our charity partnersâ€™ transformative programs.
Among the programs you will be supporting are:Â
- Treatment of those suffering from a post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health challenges;
- Various forms of assistance to veterans confined in military hospitals;
- Programs to help veterans and their spouses find meaningful employment that suits their abilities;
- Financial and other forms of aid to destitute, low-income, and homeless veterans;
- Therapeutic activities to help veterans rehabilitate and reintegrate themselves into society as well as relax and enjoy the company of their loved ones to strengthen family ties; and
- Sponsorship of events that encourage companies and organizations to give back to the veteran community.
Benefits of Donating
Youâ€™ll receive certain perks when you participate in our Cocoa Beach, Florida car donations drive. Here are just some of them:
- Honest transactions
You donâ€™t have to expose yourself to dishonest dealers in your quest to sell your clunker. We will find the perfect buyer for your car and make sure you get a tax break for your good deed.
- Free towing
You donâ€™t have to spend a single cent on the towing of your old car. Weâ€™ll take care of it, and itâ€™s absolutely free.Â
Perhaps, maintaining your old auto has been causing a severe strain on your budget. Weâ€™ll be glad to help you save hundreds of dollars from costly repairs.
- Tax deductions
Because our partners are IRS-certified 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, you can claim a 100-percent tax deduction for your donation.
Donate in 3 Easy Steps
Your participation in our Cocoa Bay, Florida car donations program can be completed in three easy steps:
- Call us.
Call us on our toll-free hotline 877-594-5822 to give us the basic details of your vehicle. You can also fill out our online donation form to provide the same information.
- Determine a pick-up schedule.
Weâ€™ll get back to you within 24 hours of receiving your information. Weâ€™ll ask you to set a time, date, and place of your convenience for the pick-up. Weâ€™ll then assign a licensed towing company to collect your vehicle. The tow truck driver will give you a towing receipt. This certifies that your car has been donated, allowing you to cancel your vehicleâ€™s DMV registration and insurance coverage.
- Wait for your tax-deductible receipt in the mail.Â
Wait for the sales receipt of the vehicle to arrive in your mailbox. You can use this receipt to apply for a 100-percent tax deduction when you file your itemized federal income tax return in the next tax season.
Check out ourÂ FAQs page, call us at 877-594-5822 orÂ send us a message onlineÂ to learn more about our Cocoa Beach, Florida car donations program today.Â
Â The Types of Vehicles You Can Donate
Our Cocoa Beach, Florida car donations program is open to almost all types of vehicles. We even accept watercraft and even aircraft. Just make sure you have your vehicleâ€™s title and keys on hand. If you lost the title, we will help you apply for a duplicate.Â
So, if you have any of these types of vehicles that you want to get rid of, donâ€™t hesitate to contact us:
- Cars:Â sedans, luxury cars, coupes, convertibles, hybrids, sports cars, wagons, hatchbacks
- Vans:Â family minivans, camper vans, cargo vans, passenger vans
- SUVs:Â compact, midsize, full-size or crossover versions
- Motorcycles:Â touring bikes, cruisers, scooters, off-road bikes, mopeds, sports bikes, choppers
- Trucks:Â box trucks, pickup trucks extended cab pickup, panel trucks, refrigerator trucks, tank trucks
- Boats:Â fishing boats, sailboats, tugboats, speedboats, houseboats, cruise ships, catamarans, pontoon boats, yachts
- Specialized vehicles:Â riding lawnmowers, motorized wheelchairs
- Fleet vehicles:SUVs, pickups, trucks, buses, cars, passenger vans, cargo vans, limousines, ambulances, taxicabs
- Recreational vehicles:Â noncommercial planes; campers, travel trailers, snowmobiles, Jet Skis, RVs, motorhomes, pop-up trailers, ATVs
- Work-related vehicles:Â construction vehicles, tractors and farm equipment, buses, large trucks, landscaping vehicles
Step Up for Our Vets
If your clunker is just sitting around in your garage or backyard, gathering dust, you should seriously consider using it to advance the cause of veteran welfare.Â
Â Our vets risked their lives and spent the best years of their lives to protect our nation. This is the perfect opportunity to reward them for their bravery.Â Call us at 877-594-5822 or fill out our online donation formÂ to make your donation now!