Are you wondering if the time has come for you to retire your old car? What if we told you that you can let go of it for a meaningful purpose? Turn it over to us atÂ Veteran Car Donations through our Des Moines,Â IowaÂ car donations program, and youâ€™ll know what weâ€™re talking about!
Your donation will make it possible for the suffering veterans in your city to receive the assistance they badly need. We auction off donated vehicles and use the proceeds to support the military and veteran nonprofit organizations that we have partnered with. TheseÂ IRS-certified 501(c)3 nonprofitsÂ deliver critical programs and services for the benefit of our nationâ€™s heroes as well as their families.
Your charitable contribution to us will help these nonprofits in providing their beneficiaries with the following services:
- Job placements, skills training, mentoring programs, and career workshops to boost employment opportunities for jobless veterans;
- Specially adapted homes for veterans suffering from service-connected disabilities;
- Permanent mortgage-free shelters for homeless vets;
- Psychological services for those with service-connected mental health disorders;
- Educational scholarships for those who wish to pursue a college degree;
- Grief counseling for veterans and the families left behind by our fallen heroes;
- Access to the full range of benefits that active military troops, veterans, and military families are entitled to;
- Basic needs assistance during their transition from the military to the civilian sector;
- Awareness campaigns to encourage the public to get involved in helping our vets.
We Make Everything Simple for You!
Veteran Car Donations is mighty proud to deliver excellent service and convenience to its donors. We donâ€™t want you to suffer from any kind of stress and complications in the donation process. Thatâ€™s why weâ€™ll do all the paperwork on your behalf. As for vehicle pickup and towing, we offer FREE services wherever in the country you want us to collect your donation.
It will only take you a couple of minutes to start our donation process, and once youâ€™re done, weâ€™ll take over and finish the whole thing. Taking part in our Des Moines, Iowa car donation program involves three easy steps:
- Get in touch with us.
Let us know about your vehicle donation offer. You can either call us at 877-594-5822 or fill out our donation form here on this website. Tell us a bit about the vehicle youâ€™re offering to donate and give us your preferred date, time, and location for its removal.
- A tow truck hauls your vehicle away.
Weâ€™ll ask an affiliate licensed towing company to do the job. Before taking away your donation, the tow truck driver will issue you a towing receipt. This releases you from all liabilities on that vehicle from that point onward. You will also need this receipt to cancel your vehicleâ€™s DMV registration and insurance coverage.
- Receive your tax-deductible receipt.
Weâ€™ll place your vehicle up for auction. Within 30 days following the sale of your donation, expect to receive in your mailbox the 100-percent tax-deductible sales receipt that weâ€™ll send you. Youâ€™ll need this receipt to claim your tax deduction when you file your itemized federal income tax return in the next tax season.
For more information on our Des Moines, Iowa car donations program, check out ourÂ FAQs page. For inquiries, you can call us at 877-594-5822 orÂ send us a message online.
These Fantastic Perks Await You
Extending a helping hand to our nationâ€™s struggling heroes will give you a rewarding feeling, knowing that youâ€™re giving them hope that their lives will soon change for the better.
Aside from that, you stand to receive material rewards for your charitable contribution to us. Here are some of the perks youâ€™ll get to enjoy once you decide to participate in our Des Moines, Iowa car donations program:
- Youâ€™ll receive a top tax deduction.
Weâ€™ll exert our best effort to sell your vehicle at its highest possible price so you can claim a maximum tax deduction.
- Youâ€™ll get to dispose of an unwanted vehicle for free.
At Veteran Car Donations, you wonâ€™t need to pay for the cost of towing because itâ€™s on us!
- Avoid stress in selling an old vehicle yourself.
Trying to sell a second-hand car â€“ whether in good condition or not â€“ is almost always stressful. However, when you donate a car for charity, you wonâ€™t have to go through the hassles associated with selling a second-hand vehicle yourself.
- You will save money.
The longer your unwanted vehicle stays with you, the more money youâ€™ll spend on vehicle repairs, maintenance, registration, and insurance.Â However, when you donate a vehicle to charity through us, all these burdens will be lifted off your shoulders.Â
- Enjoy our quick and easy donation process.
Our team will handle all the heavy lifting, which includes the logistics and all the required paperwork.
The Types of Vehicles You Can Donate
You can donate almost any type of vehicle to us regardless of its age or condition. Check out the types of vehicles we welcome in our Des Moines, Iowa veteran vehicle donations program:
- Cars: luxury, compact, sports, station wagon, convertible, hybrid
- SUVs: compact, full-size, crossover
- Trucks: panel, pickup, box
- Motorcycles: off-road bike, touring, cruiser, scooter
- Vans: cargo, passenger, minivan
- ATVs: three- and four-wheelers
- Boats: sailboats, fishing boats, speedboats, tugboats, Sea Rays
- Aircraft: gliders, helicopters, non-commercial planes
- Small extra vehicles: Jet Skis, snowmobiles, motorized wheelchairs, riding lawnmowers
- Large extra vehicles: campers, buses, RVs, motorhomes, bus conversions, tractors, campervans, landscaping vehicles, construction vehicles
Learn More About Des Moines
There are roughly 9,600 veterans living in Des Moines, which accounts for 5.9% of the cityâ€™s total population. In fact, veterans account for 7.6% of Iowaâ€™s population as a whole. Fortunately, the city offers a number of resources for local veterans. These include the VA Central Iowa Health Care System, which is located at 3600 30th Street. There, veterans are treated by an experienced team guided by the needs of the veteran community, their families, and their caregivers. The organization helps them find local health resources, manage their health online, and learn about events going on in the community.Â
Des Moines is just eight miles away from Camp Dodge, a military base located in Johnston, Iowa. Itâ€™s the current headquarters of the Iowa National Guard as well as the 185th Regiment. Training for officers is provided there, and the base also is the home of the 2nd Brigade Combat team and 34th Infantry Division.
Take Part in a Life-Changing Mission Today!
Thereâ€™s no better way to get rid of an unwanted vehicle than to donate a car to our veteransâ€™ charity for the benefit of our underserved former service members in the Hartford of the West. Thereâ€™s no better time to do it than now. Join our Des Moines, Iowa car donations program by calling 877-594-5822 or filling out ourÂ online donation formÂ now! We serve the entire state of Iowa, including cities like Davenport and Johnston.