While some car owners may think of selling their old vehicles, others consider donating them to Veteran Car Donations as the better option since it provides them with a â€świn-winâ€ť solution: They get to dispose of their unwanted vehicles for free and with no hassle whatsoever while at the same time extending a helping hand to the needy veterans in their local area. That will certainly happen when you turn over your unneeded vehicle to our Buffalo, New York car donations program.
The Challenges that Veterans Face
What many people probably do not know is that many of our veterans are faced with numerous challenges that are both unprecedented and increasing in scale.
Contrary to what you may think, life after military service isnâ€™t easy. Many assume that veterans can easily pick up where they left off before they joined the service. This list of the top three challenges that our troops face once they get back home and separate from the service might surprise you:
Unfortunately, many veterans find it difficult to land stable and rewarding jobs in the private sector. Aside from the fact that they find it challenging to translate their military work experience into civilian terms, a number of them also struggle with mental health issues or substance and alcohol abuse that makes it impossible for them to enter into the civilian workforce.
- Poor mental health
Did you know that despite the governmentâ€™s attempt to improve its mental health service for our veterans, the number of suicide and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) rates are still alarmingly high? Many veterans with mental health issues are reluctant to seek help because they fear the resulting stigma could potentially affect their reputation. Whatâ€™s more, their crippling condition hinders them from landing stable jobs that can sustain their needs and those of their families.
- Serious physical injuries
Those who come home without a limb or two due to serious injuries they suffered during combat are struggling to live with this catastrophic condition as they adjust to life on the home front.
Why Joining Buffalo, New York Car Donations Makes Sense
Veteran Car Donations serves as the online platform for the vehicle donation programs of reputable IRS-determined 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations. We sell the vehicles we receive from our donors by auctioning them off. We then use the proceeds to support the veteran-centered programs and services of our charity partners. Our goal is to enhance the dignity of our nationâ€™s heroes while helping them achieve financial independence and a better quality of life.
When you donate a vehicle to us, youâ€™ll make it possible for the needy veterans in your city to enjoy the following benefits:
- Free mental health care for those who have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury (TBI), and other mental disorders;
- Mortgage-free housing benefits that are specially adapted for vets who were severely injured during combat;
- Educational scholarships and tutoring support for veterans who want to pursue a college degree;
- Job training and mentoring for those who want to increase their chances of finding employment;
- Grief counseling for the bereaved families of those who were killed in action;
- General transitioning assistance for returning troops who are due for discharge from the service.
We Make Our Donation Process as Easy as A-B-C
If youâ€™re looking for the easiest and most cost-effective way to get rid of your old clunker, youâ€™d be happy to know that at Veteran Car Donations, we have made our donation process short and practically effortless for you. Just do the following steps to take part in our Buffalo, New York car donations program:
- Contact us.
Reach out to us by calling 877-594-5822. Â Weâ€™ll ask you to provide us with some information about yourself and the vehicle youâ€™re donating. You can also donate your vehicle by filling out our donation form here on this website.
- Schedule your vehicleâ€™s pickup.
One of the nicest things about donating to us is that towing is free. Plus, you donâ€™t have to be there on the day of pickup as long as you tell us where in your vehicle we can find your keys and title.
- Receive your tax-deductible receipt.
Since we have partnered with eligible charities, you can receive a tax-deductible receipt by mail after we sell your vehicle at auction.
Your Donation Benefits
If you still have second thoughts about participating in our Buffalo, New York car donations program, this list of benefits can help you make up your mind:
- Youâ€™ll enjoy a healthy tax write-off.
- Weâ€™ll pick up your vehicle for free!
- You wonâ€™t have to worry anymore about the costs of repairs and maintenance that come with owning an old vehicle.
- Youâ€™ll enjoy our super easy donation process.
- Free up valuable space in your garage.
The Vehicle Types We Welcome
At Veteran Car Donations, we accept almost any type of vehicle donation.Â With us, you donâ€™t have to worry that your vehicle might not make the cut. We gladly take in vehicles of all shapes and sizes with no regard for their age, physical state, and running condition.
Look over this list of vehicles that are most welcomed in our Buffalo, New York car donations program:
- Cars: sedans, luxury cars, coupes, convertibles, hybrids, sports cars, wagons, hatchbacks
- Vans: family minivans, camper vans, cargo vans, passenger vans
- SUVs: compact, midsize, full-size or crossover versions
- Motorcycles: touring bikes, cruisers, scooters, off-road bikes, mopeds, sports bikes, choppers
- Trucks: box trucks, pickup trucks extended cab pickup, panel trucks, refrigerator trucks, tank trucks
- Boats: fishing boats, sailboats, tugboats, speedboats, houseboats, cruise ships, catamarans, pontoon boats, yachts
- Specialized vehicles: riding lawnmowers, motorized wheelchairs
- Fleet vehicles: SUVs, pickups, trucks, buses, cars, passenger vans, cargo vans, limousines, ambulances, taxicabs
- Recreational vehicles: noncommercial planes; campers, travel trailers, snowmobiles, Jet Skis, RVs, motorhomes, pop-up trailers, ATVs
- Work-related vehicles: construction vehicles, tractors and farm equipment, buses, large trucks, landscaping vehicles
Make Buffalo, New York a Better Place for Our Vets
Buffalo is a city known as the â€śCity of Lightsâ€ť and â€śQueen City.â€ť Itâ€™s famous for its Buffalo Wings. Itâ€™s also the home of the famous Rick James, Ani DiFranco, and F. Scott Fitzgerald. In short, itâ€™s the origin of so many great people and things. With your vehicle donation, we can add to the number of great things that can be found in Buffalo, New York.Â
That hunk of junk thatâ€™s been parked in your garage may be useless to you. However, to the homeless and hungry veteran who languishes on the streets of your city, it could be a life-saving tool. Donâ€™t miss the opportunity to give back to our heroes. Take part in our Buffalo, New York car donations program by calling us at 877-594-5822 or filling out our online donation form now.