After military personnel retire or get discharged, many of them face huge obstacles trying to adjust to civilian life. Sometimes itâ€™s hard to find jobs that support their families. Other times, theyâ€™re suffering from injuries and physical problems that make it virtually impossible to return to life as normal.Â
This is where Veteran Car Donations comes in to help. Through car donation in Staten Island, NY, we generate funds that go straight to helping veterans in the community. You can be part of this! If you have an old car, truck, van, motorcycle, boat or other vehicle that youâ€™re ready to part with, consider giving it to us. Call us at (877) 594-5822 or fill out our online donation form, and weâ€™ll take care of the rest.
That vehicle you no longer want or need can become the helping hand that makes all the difference to hurting veterans and their families. At Veteran Car Donations, we partner with nonprofits such as Homes For Our Troops, Soldiersâ€™ Angels and Heroes on the Water to get crucial services to those who need them. By donating a vehicle, you empower these organizations to provide mental and physical health care, transition assistance, job training programs, grief counseling and even specially adapted mortgage-free homes for veterans whoâ€™ve been severely injured or disabled.Â
Why Donate a Car to Charity?
Youâ€™ll benefit in many ways from donating a vehicle, even beyond making a difference in the lives of military personnel. In some cases, you can donate a car for tax credit â€” getting a deduction to reduce your taxable income. Here are some other major perks:
- Avoid the hassles of listing, showing or negotiating on a sale
- Skip the potential security risk of selling on your own
- Stop paying for vehicle registration and insurance
- Put an end to costly vehicle repairs and upkeep
- Experience a easy, straightforward donation process with free towing
- Enjoy complete convenience â€” all you have to do is reach out to us
How to Donate Your Car or Other Vehicle
One of the best parts of a car donation is how simple the process is. Weâ€™ve designed it that way on purpose. Here are the three basic steps, none of which require you to even leave your home:
- Contact us. Get in touch via phone or online donation form, and give us a little information about your vehicle. Weâ€™ll want to know its make/model, year, general condition and current mileage. Weâ€™ll also ask for your contact information and what date/time you prefer for pickup. Any and all vehicles are welcome, even if theyâ€™re not in working condition right now. Because we haul away the vehicle, it doesnâ€™t matter if itâ€™s currently running or not.
- Let us pick up your vehicle. At the scheduled pickup time, a licensed towing company will come out to your property and take away your vehicle donation at no cost. You donâ€™t even have to be present. Once weâ€™ve picked it up and left you a towing receipt, you can get rid of license plates and cancel insurance and registration. If you want to claim a tax deduction on the gift, save the receipt for your records.
- Make a tax deduction claim if desired. Once weâ€™ve sold your vehicle, weâ€™ll mail you a receipt that shows the donated vehicleâ€™s sale price. This becomes the basis of a tax deduction, should you choose to itemize your federal return.
Give to Veteran Car Donations
Veteran Car Donations is an established nonprofit organization that specializes in giving help to former servicemen and -women. We offer free pickup and towing, all gifts given to us are 100% tax-deductible and the entire donation process is quick and easy. When you donate a vehicle to our organization, weâ€™ll handle all the paperwork, too. Save yourself the hassle of trying to maintain a vehicle you donâ€™t want; skip the annoyances of trying to sell. Get rid of your vehicle, and help American heroes with us.