That old car youâ€™ve had sitting in your driveway or the boat you havenâ€™t had time to use in months could become life-changing resources for veterans and their families. When you make a car donation in Mount Pleasant, SC, you empower nonprofits that serve military and former military personnel.
As soldiers return from the field and adjust to civilian life, thereâ€™s only so much the government can do. Car donations can fill the gap! Through Veteran Car Donations, you can turn any vehicle into funding to support grief counseling, mentoring, tutoring, education scholarships, transition assistance, specially adapted homes and more. Hereâ€™s what you need to know about how to donate a vehicle in the area.
Cars We Accept for Donation
Wondering if a specific car can qualify for car donation? We accept most vehicles, even if theyâ€™re not currently in working order, because every donation helps. Here are some examples of the vehicles we accept in Mount Pleasant:
- Cargo vans
- Jet Skis
- Riding lawn mowers
- Golf Carts
How the Donation Process Works
Veteran Car Donations makes the car donation process incredibly easy for you. Let us know youâ€™re interested, and we handle everything else. Hereâ€™s how car donation in Mount Pleasant works:
1. Reach out to us. Call us or fill out our online donation form to let us know that you want to donate and to answer some basic questions about your vehicle. Weâ€™ll set up a time to pick up your vehicle and haul it away.
2. We tow your vehicle. We tow your vehicle at no charge. Then, depending on its condition and when it was received, we use it to generate funds for veteran programs.
3. We send you a tax receipt. A few days later, we mail you a tax receipt, and youâ€™re free to cancel your carâ€™s insurance and registration details.
Why Choose Veteran Car Donations?
There are many benefits you can expect from choosing to donate to Veteran Car Donations, the organization that partners with veteran nonprofits to help military personnel. Consider the following:
- A donation process thatâ€™s convenient and easy from beginning to end
- None of the hassles of trying to sell on your own
- Freedom from storing, insuring and maintaining your vehicle
- Free vehicle pickup and towing
- A tax receipt mailed to you
- The joy of knowing your donation provides resources for deserving veterans
If you have more questions after thinking through car donation, check out our list of frequently asked questions online. When youâ€™re ready to donate, just get in touch with us! Our team is looking forward to working with you. Donate Now!