When they returned home from the foreign war zones where they had been deployed, our troops expected that they would be warmly received by a grateful nation. They expected that they would be given their due reward of a comfortable life as veterans. To many of them, this expectation turned out to be just a pipe dream.
After enduring enormous sacrifices and risking their lives on the battlefield as part of their mission to defend and protect our nationâ€™s interests, many of them have not received the recognition and the benefits due them. This is precisely the reason whyÂ Veteran Car DonationsÂ exists.
We auction off all vehicles donated to us and use the proceeds to support the critical programs and services being provided to deserving veterans by our charity partners.
Learn More About Norfolk
Norfolk, VA, is situated in the Hampton Roads region of the state. Apart from its booming downtown, this historic city has several military bases: For example, the Naval Station Norfolk is the home port and headquarters of the U.S. Navyâ€™s Fleet Forces Command. This military base covers more than 4,000 acres of land, including waterfront and wharf space as well as 11 miles of pier.Â
As the largest naval station in the world, it features 75 naval ships, 14 piers, 134 aircraft and 11 hangars. Moreover, Port Services controls the movement of 3,100-plus ships per year.Â
How a Simple Donation Can Make a Big Difference
Taking part in our Norfolk, VA car donations program is one of the best ways you can help our veterans transition to civilian life. You might not know it yet, but we can turn that old unused car squatting in your garage into a powerful tool that can transform the lives of our struggling heroes.
Here are some of the benefits provided to them by our charity partners:
- Job and skills training for veterans seeking employment;
- Mortgage-free and specially adapted homes for those with service-related disabilities;
- Educational scholarships for those who are seeking to finish college;
- Access to free physical and mental healthcare and other medical resources;
- Grief counseling to families of service members who were killed in action;
- Transitioning assistance for those who recently separated from the service.
A Fast and Convenient Way to Donate a Car for Charity
At Veteran Car Donations, we guarantee each and every single one of our donors a most satisfying giving experience. To show you our appreciation when you decide to contribute car donations for veterans, weâ€™ll provide you will all the help that we can possibly give to make things easy for you.
To make auto donations for veterans, you only have to follow these three quick steps.
1. Contact us.
Either call us at 877-594-5822 or fill out our online donation form. Provide us certain details about the vehicle youâ€™re offering to donate, including its year, make, model, mileage, VIN, title availability, and running condition. Weâ€™ll also need your personal contact information.
2. Set the schedule for your vehicle pickup.
After verifying the information you provided, weâ€™ll call you back to arrange the schedule for your carâ€™s FREE towing. Tell us the date, time, and place most convenient for you for handing over your vehicle to us. Weâ€™ll assign a licensed towing company to pick up your vehicle. If you canâ€™t be around during the pickup, just be sure that our driver will be able to get hold of your vehicleâ€™s title and keys. Weâ€™ll issue you a tow receipt that will release you from any liabilities on your vehicle from that moment on. You can use this receipt to cancel your vehicleâ€™s DMV registration and insurance coverage.
3. You receive your tax-deductible receipt.
Weâ€™ll promptly put your vehicle on the auction block once we get hold of it. Within 30 days after your vehicle is sold, expect to receive your 100% tax-deductible sales receipt in your mailbox. The receipt will indicate your carâ€™s final selling price, which will serve as the basis of your tax deduction claim when you file your federal tax return in the next tax season.
That sums up our donation process. Feel free to visit ourÂ FAQs pageÂ if youâ€™re curious to learn more about our vehicle donation program and other related matters. If you have questions, feel free toÂ send us a message onlineÂ or call us at 877-594-5822.
Reasons to Join Norfolk, VA Car Donations
Tons of benefits await you when you join our Norfolk, VA car donations program. Here are some of them:
- Youâ€™ll get the highest possible tax deduction with us.
- Youâ€™ll get FREE towing services from a licensed towing company.
- Youâ€™ll be able to experience a hassle-free donation experience.
- Paperwork will be efficiently handled by our team on your behalf.
- Youâ€™ll save money since you no longer have to take your old vehicle to the shop for maintenance and repairs and you no longer have to pay for your vehicleâ€™s insurance and registration.
- Youâ€™ll have more storage space in your garage after we haul your vehicle away.
- Youâ€™ll have a chance to collaborate with reputable military and veteran nonprofit organizations.
- Youâ€™ll feel good about yourself knowing that youâ€™ll be helping transform the lives of our veterans.
The Types of Vehicles You Can Donate
Another reason why many vehicle donors patronize us is our relaxed policy when it comes to accepting vehicles being offered to us for donation. We at Veteran Car Donations are willing to accept almost all types of vehicles and in whatever condition theyâ€™re in â€“ running, non-running, with or without missing parts, etc.
We only say no to abandoned or stolen cars because weâ€™ll need the donorâ€™s proof of ownership so that we can effectively facilitate the resale of the donated vehicle. Donâ€™t worry if youâ€™ve misplaced your vehicleâ€™s title because our team of title experts can help you get a duplicate title from your stateâ€™s DMV. Just give us a call at 877-594-5822 anytime.
To give you an idea of the wide range of vehicle types that we accept in our Norfolk, VA car donations program, check out this list:
- Cars and trucks:Â hatchbacks, coupes, hybrids, luxury cars, subcompact, compact, midsize, full-size trucks, standard pickups, business trucks, box trucks;
- SUVs and vans:Â full-size, mid-size, compact and crossover versions, family minivans, cargo vans, passenger vans,
- Recreational vehicles:Â trailers, RVs, campers, motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, sports bikes, cruisers, motorhomes, golf carts;
- Watercraft and aircraft: personal watercraft, sailboats, pontoon boats, fishing boats, tugboats, yachts, private noncommercial airplanes;
- Specialized vehicles:Â motorized wheelchairs, riding lawn mowers, farm equipment.
Itâ€™s Time to Repay Our Heroes!
Letâ€™s show our nationâ€™s heroes that theyâ€™re not forgotten. Call us at 877-594-5822 or fill out ourÂ online donation formÂ now to donate a vehicle to veterans. We serve the entire state of Virginia, including nearby cities such as Chesapeake.