If you have a vehicle â€” car, truck, boat or motor home â€” you no longer want or need, consider using it to make a difference in the lives of our nationâ€™s heroes. With Veteran Car Donations, you can donate a car in Charleston,Â South Carolina, so that itÂ generates funds for local nonprofits helping military personnel and their families. You get rid of a vehicle you no longer want or need, and deservingÂ individuals get help. Interested in learning more about how to donate a car for charity in theÂ area? Hereâ€™s what you need to know. Â
Learn More About Charleston
Charleston is the largest and oldest city in the state. Itâ€™s also the principal town in the Charlestonâ€“North Charleston Metropolitan Statistical Area and is known as the birthplace of the American Revolution. There are many former military servicemen and servicewomen who live in this area, about 28,000 to be exact. Approximately 10,000 served in the Vietnam War.Â
Joint Base Charleston, one of 12 Department of Defense Joint Bases, is located close to the city. Itâ€™s also host to more than 60 DOD and Federal agencies. Additionally, the 628th Air Base Wing provides support to about 90,000-plus individuals. These include civilians, dependents, retirees, sailors, airmen, marines, coast guard personnel and soldiers.Â
How the Donation Process Works
Wherever you are in the Charleston area, your car donations for veterans can make a difference. At Veteran Car Donations,Â our process is simple and convenient. Hereâ€™s how our vehicle donation program works:
- Contact us.Call us or fill out our online donation form to let us know youâ€™re interested in donating, and weâ€™ll handle the rest.
- Let us tow your vehicle.We will come to you and haul away your donation at no charge.
- Wait for your tax receipt.After weâ€™ve hauled away your vehicle, we use it to generate funds for veteran nonprofits. Then, we send you a tax receipt for your records, at which point you can cancel the carâ€™s insurance and registration.
Vehicles That Qualify for Donation
We will accept almost any vehicle for car donation program. To give you a better idea of what that includes, here are some examples:
- Minivans and vans
- Riding lawn mowers
- Personal watercraft
- Golf carts
If you have a vehicle to donate that you arenâ€™t sure will qualify, just ask us. Chances are, weâ€™ll be glad to use it to support veterans in Charleston.Â Â
Why Donate to Veteran Car Donations?
When you donate a vehicle to veterans, you enjoy several key benefits from the experience, such as:
- A convenient, no-hassle donation process
- Free vehicle pickup and towing
- None of the headaches of trying to sell on your own
- Freedom from storing, maintaining or insuring your vehicle
- A tax receipt mailed to you
- The joy of knowing your donation makes a difference
To talk to us about making a car donation, contact us any time. Or, if you have more questions that havenâ€™t been answered here,Â check out our frequently asked questions page.Â
Donate Now! We serve the entire state of South Carolina, including nearby cities such as Mount Pleasant.