Donate a car in Akron, and dispose of your unwanted vehicle; it could also make a tremendous impact on the lives of our struggling veterans. When you donate a car in Akron to us atÂ Veteran Car Donations, the proceeds from its sale will go directly to our charity partners that have programs dedicated to helping our nationâ€™s ex-servicemen and servicewomen.
Through our partnerships with these certifiedÂ 501(c)3 non-profit organizations, Veteran Car Donations extends a helping hand to the veterans who havenâ€™t been fortunate enough to avail themselves of the benefits offered by theÂ government.
As our soldiers return home from their overseas deployment, easing their way back into civilian life is far from easy. They need to have access to the resources that could help them readjust to normal life. Sadly, the government alone cannot provide for the needs of every veteran in the United States. Our nationâ€™s heroes need good people like you to fill in the gap in government benefits by making auto donations for veterans.
How We Can Put an End to Veteran Poverty
Itâ€™s estimated that more thanÂ 39,000 veteransÂ in the United States are homeless on any given night. These are the very people who dedicated their lives to fight for our country so that we donâ€™t have to. Destitution shouldnâ€™t be the result of their sacrifice.
The funds generated from the sale of your car donations for veterans in Akron will be used to fund a variety of charity programs directed towards the empowerment of our nationâ€™s defenders as they reintegrate into civilian life. These services include:
- Mental and physical healthcare for those who have service-connected disabilities or those who suffered post-traumatic stress disorder during course of their service
- Transitioning assistance for recently discharged troops
- Assistance in building mortgage-free, custom-made homes for the severely injured veterans
- Career workshops and mentoring support for those who seek employment
- Educational scholarships for those who wish to earn a degree
- Grief counseling and psychosocial support for the families who have lost their loved ones in the line of duty
- Campaign to educate the public about the problems that veterans go through after service and how to solve these
These programs can neither be sustained nor developed without adequate funding. Your car donation is a necessary tool in the pursuit of ending veteran homelessness, unemployment, mental health disorders, and lack of education. What you may consider as a â€śuselessâ€ť car will find great use when you donate a car for charity in Akron, Ohio.
If you are now considering making a contribution, here are the other things you need to know about our vehicle donation program.
Type of Vehicles You Can Donate
You can donateÂ almost any type of vehicleÂ that you have thatâ€™s taking up some much-needed space in your garage. We only need your proof of ownership to secure that it could be sold at auction. If you have questions or concerns about your vehicleâ€™s title, you can call our title clerks who are ready and able to address any of your concerns.
One more thing, Veteran Car Donations wonâ€™t limit you from donating more than a single vehicle. If your backyard is more like a junkyard filled with useless pieces of metal, weâ€™d gladly accept more than one car donation in Akron! Hereâ€™s a good list of vehicles that we commonly receive from our donors:
- Cars:Â sedans, vans,Â SUVs, trucks, motorcycles
- Boats:Â sailboats, motorboats, fishing boats, yachts, pontoon boats, personal watercraft
- RVs:Â recreational vehicles, motorhomes, campers, travel trailers, pop-up trailers, fifth wheels
- Specialty Vehicles:Â ATVs, snowmobiles, golf carts, tractors, farm equipment
- Fleet Vehicles:Â cars, passenger vans, cargo vans, SUVs, pickups, trucks, buses, shuttles
Donate Your Unwanted Vehicle Today!
It only takes a minute to change the course of a former GIâ€™s destiny. You wouldnâ€™t even have to lift a finger to do it except to make a call! We at Veteran Car Donations greatly value your generosity, and one of the ways we show our gratitude is to make sure that your car donation in Akron, Ohio experience would be quick and painless!
All you need to do is to follow theseÂ three hassle-free steps:
- You can start by filling out ourÂ online donation formÂ or by calling us at 877-593-5822. We will need to know your vehicleâ€™s basic details like its make, model, and year as well as its location.
- Veteran Car Donations will arrange with a local towing company to pick up your vehicle at its location at your preferred time and date â€” free of charge! Weâ€™ll be the ones to take care of everything. Weâ€™ll give you a donation receipt that will release from all liabilities as the owner of the car youâ€™re donating, enabling you to cancel and stop paying for your car registration and insurance.
- Weâ€™ll send you another document â€” yourÂ tax-deductible receiptÂ â€” by mail within days after the sale of your donated vehicle. Youâ€™ll use this to claim your top tax deduction when you file your itemized federal tax return.
Being a Hero Has Its Perks
Think about how good it would make you feel to see such a clutter-free garage, or to be finally free from paying insurance, repair, maintenance, and whatnot for an unwanted vehicle. Think about the convenience of having somebody else arrange and pay for towing! Imagine the thousands of dollars youâ€™d get to save when you avail yourself of your top tax deductions!
These are some of the perks that you would get once you donate your vehicle to our program for car donation in Akron, Ohio. It makes you think that being our veteransâ€™ hero changes your life as much as it changes theirs.
Local Resources for Veterans
When you choose to donate a vehicle to veterans through our program, youâ€™ll be supporting a wide range of services in the area. There are numerous charitable organizations throughout the Akron area who provide assistance to veterans in need. Among these are:Â
- Veterans Service Commission of Summit County (1060 E. Waterloo Road): This resource provides veterans with a number of services related to the Veterans Administration. In addition to offering help applying for VA benefits, the organization also offers transportation to VA facilities and financial assistance. The Veterans Service Commission of Summit County offers these services free to those who have served thanks to the contributions of county residents.Â
- Akron VA Clinic (55 W. Waterloo Road): As one of the primary resources for medical help in the Akron area, this clinic offers a number of services for former servicepeople related to their physical and mental health. These include primary care such as filling prescriptions, lab work, radiology, and family medicine. In addition, veterans can receive care for mental health issues including treatment for PTSD, depression, or anxiety. Other services available here include podiatry, optometry, and physical therapy. This clinic offers high degrees of patient satisfaction in terms of wait times, according to a recent survey. The VA says 90% of veterans who visit this location are satisfied with their ability to get an appointment when they need it.Â
- Salvation Army (190 S. Maple Street): One of the nationâ€™s largest charitable organizations, the Salvation Army is dedicated to helping those in need, including veterans. Examples of the type of services it provides include providing shelters for homeless vets, rehab centers for those suffering from substance abuse and/or mental health concerns, food pantries, and job training. The group supports thousands of veterans every year, providing them with the resources they need to make a successful transition to civilian life.Â
Contact us at 877-594-5822 and get free towing services for your car donation in Akron,Â Ohio! We serve the entire region, including nearby Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Pittsburgh, and more.