Are you interested in helping improve the lives of our retired servicemen and women by taking part in our Newport News,Â VirginiaÂ car donations? If youâve long wanted to get rid of an old vehicle thatâs been sitting in your driveway for ages, why not just donate it for a good cause? Donating your car will be so much easier than having to go through the hassle and cost of selling it.
With over 500,000 veterans living in Virginia alone, itâs highly unlikely that the needs of each one of them are single-handedly being taken care of by our government. Because of this, a lot of our former troops â our heroes who fought for us in foreign battlefields â remainÂ jobless and some, homeless. This is whyÂ Veteran Car DonationsÂ is here to address this great anomaly.
When you give away an old car to our Newport News, Virginia car donation program, you give us the opportunity to fund severalÂ military nonprofit organizations. These nonprofits make it possible for our veterans to receive assistance programs such as counseling, mentoring, adapted homes and skills training.
Learn More About Newport News
Fort Eustis â a U.S. Army installation â is in Newport News, VA. It is home to many groups, including the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command, the U.S. Army Aviation Logistics School, the 7th Transportation Brigade and Joint Task Force – Civil Support. Additional tenants include the Army Center for Initial Military Training (USACIMT), Army Training Support Center (ATSC), the Army Aviation Applied Technology Directorate (AATD) and Enterprise Multimedia Center (EMC).
At Fort Eustis as well as Fort Story, enlisted soldiers and officers are provided with on-the-job training and education, which focuses on logistics, aviation maintenance, transportation and more. When it comes to treatment, the Hampton VA Health Care Center is ideal for veterans, providing a wide range of services. This includes primary and psychiatric care as well as rehabilitation services.
Experience a Simple and Efficient Donation Process
Are you looking for a vehicle donations program inÂ Newport News, VirginiaÂ that provides a quick and hassle-free donation process? Look no more, Veteran Car Donations is here to make it possible! If youâre searching for a donation program that frees you from dealing with paperwork, or one that saves you the effort of going through several towing companies, we are definitely what youâre looking for.
Working with us means putting yourself at ease when you go through the process of donating an old vehicle. We see to it that you experience a procedure that doesnât require you to do anything except initiate it. Once youâre ready to hand over your vehicle to our Newport News, Virginia car donations program, let us know about it, and from that point on, weâll take care of the rest.
To provide you an overview of our donation process, hereâs a quick guide:
- You contact us. You either give us a call or fill out ourÂ online donation form. Provide us a few important details about the car you wish to donate, after which a schedule for towing will be arranged.
- A tow truck comes to your place to take your automobile away. Donât worry about not being around if you have to be somewhere else at that time. Donât worry about paying either. We hand you a donation or towing receipt, which allows you to cancel your carâs registration and insurance payment.
- We generate funds from your car donation to our Newport News, Virginia car donations program by putting it up for auction. The proceeds go straight to our partner nonprofits, enabling them to continue the support services they are providing for our vets.
Expect to receive by mail your 100 percent tax-deductible sales receipt, indicating how much your donated vehicle was sold during the auction. If your car was sold for less than $500, you can claim your vehicleâs selling price as your tax deduction. You also have the option of claiming as a tax deduction your vehicleâs fair market value up to $500, whichever is higher.
You can calculate the fair market value of your car by checking the prices online for vehicles of the same make, model, year and condition as your car. Your tax deduction claim gets bigger if your vehicle fetched a price higher than $500. In this case, you can only claim the exact amount for which it was sold. Its fair market value, even if it is higher than the sale price, is not applicable in this case.
If you still have questions about making auto donations for veterans, please call us at 877-594-5822. You can also take a look at our FAQs pageÂ here.
Perks of Making Car Donations for Veterans
Aside from your tax deduction, Veteran Car Donations provides you several other benefits to enjoy. When you donate a vehicle to veterans, expect to receive these rewards:
- A free towing and pickup of your car, at your own convenience
- Save yourself money spent on paying for your car insurance or your vehicleâs maintenance cost
- Disposing of an unwanted car at no cost
- No need to advertise your car for sale or look for potential buyers
- No need to give out personal information about yourself
- Having a sense of joy knowing that your contribution to our Newport News, Virginia car donations program will make aÂ meaningful changeÂ in the lives of our former troops and their loved ones
Types of Vehicles We Take
Here at Veteran Car Donations, weâre open to taking almost all sorts of vehicles, regardless of their age and mileage. We even accept automobiles that are running poorly, since we have a hired tow truck to do the hauling. So if you want to give us a minivan that is not running well, feel free to do so!
If youâre quite unsure about your car, simply let us know about your dilemma by calling us at 877-594-5822. Hereâs a list of the vehicle types that we gladly accept as Newport News, Virginia car donations:
- Cars: vans, trucks, SUVs, buses
- Motorcycles: sports bikes, scooters, touring motorcycles, dirt bikes
- Watercraft: personal watercraft, motorboats, submarines, cruise ships
- Aircraft: planes, helicopters, jet planes
- RVs: campers, motorhomes, travel trailers, pop-up trailers
- Specialty vehicles: ATVs, motorized wheelchairs, snowmobiles
Planning to donate your familyâs camper and an ATV that you donât need anymore? Go ahead! Weâll be more than pleased to take as many vehicles as you want to contribute to our Newport News, Virginia car donations.
Newport News and its Attraction Sites
Located in the southwestern end of Virginia, the city of Newport News is known to be one of the stateâs biggest cities. With more than 30 public parks in the area, this city is certainly captivating for almost anyone who enjoys the outdoors.
Lovers of arts and history will also find this Virginia city to be a fascinating one, as it contains several museums and an arts center, such as the Peninsula Fine Arts Center and the Virginia Living Museum, which offers hands-on activities and an observatory that gives tourists the chance to explore the Chesapeake Bay. War history fans can have an amazing time at the Virginia War Museum, which displays many artifacts, weapons and vehicles used during the Civil War.
People who simply love the wildlife will find excitement at the Exotic Sanctuary and Petting Zoo.
Donate a Car for Charity Now
Allow us to transform your run-down car into a life-changing tool for our veterans and their families. Give back to our troops today by making a car donation with us.Â Contact usÂ at 877-594-5822. We serve the entire state of Virginia, including nearby cities such as Norfolk and Chesapeake.