October 5, 2018
World Teacher’s Day: 10 Ways to Show Your Appreciation of Your Children’s Mentors
Did you show your children’s teachers some love last October 5, World Teacher’s Day? This international commemorative event was established in 1994 by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the Education International (IE) with the goal of giving every individual a better understanding of our educators and the critical roles they play in the development of our society.
Let’s not forget that these are the people who have dedicated their lives to educating the youth primarily to make a difference in their lives. They enjoy practicing their craft to stimulate the minds of children whom they believe will grow up to change the world. They enjoy this more than the praises or the paycheck they receive.
Thank You, Teacher!
You’ll probably agree that our teachers have made a significant impact on our lives in more ways than we can ever understand. It’s only fitting to thank them for inspiring us to become better persons. When teachers feel they are appreciated for their efforts, they become better at what they do.
If you missed showing your appreciation for your children’s teachers on World Teacher’s Day last October 5, it’s still not too late to do it. As they say, better late than never. Here are 10 awesome ideas on how you can make your children’s teachers feel great:
- Find out where your children’s teachers usually shop or dine out and give them a gift card to use in those establishments.
- Write them a note or a text message expressing your appreciation of their efforts in educating your children.
- If the teacher is a female, you can send her some flowers, which will certainly put a smile on her face.
- If you’ve got a lot of free time in your hands, you can offer to mow the lawn of your child’s teacher if the latter’s home is nearby.
- Get your children’s teachers presents this coming Christmas. Don’t worry; you don’t have to break the bank to buy them some nice gifts.
- Every teacher loves doughnuts. Feel free to give a box of these treats to each of your children’s teachers.
- Put in a good word for your child’s teacher when you have a chance to talk to the school principal.
- Give your child’s teacher a plant placed in a special kind of clay pot.
- Encourage your children to make a short video of them and their classmates telling their teacher how grateful they are for their efforts. Your kids need to be specific about what they like so much about their teacher. Post the video on social media, making sure you tag the teacher.
- If your child is graduating from high school or college, send their teacher a graduation invite. This will let the teacher know that you recognize the role they played in molding your child’s future.
Hooray for Our Teachers!
Did you know that teachers are the most under-appreciated professionals in the world? Show your support to them through expressions of gratitude. This will definitely boost their morale and encourage them to do better every day. Even though October 05 – World Teacher’s Day has passed us by, find time to remind your children’s teachers that their hard work is noticed as much as it is honored.
Our Veterans Deserve Our Gratitude, Too
Teachers are not the only ones who deserve our gratitude and appreciation. Our former military servicemen and women who bravely fought for us to defend our freedoms and protect our nation’s security deserve to be recognized as well.
One way of showing this is by donating a vehicle you no longer need to us at Veteran Car Donations. We will auction off your vehicle and use the proceeds to provide impoverished veterans with physical and mental health care, mortgage-free and specially adapted housing, job opportunities, education scholarships, and other life-changing services.
To know more about Veteran Car Donations, our quick and convenient donation process, the tax deductions and other rewards you’ll get for your charitable contribution, the types of vehicles you can donate, and other related matters, check out our About Us and FAQs pages. You can also call our toll-free 24/7 hotline 877-594-5822 or contact us online for your inquiries.
You can make your car donation by either calling us or filling out our online donation form. We accept vehicle donations anywhere in the United States since we have car donation programs in all 50 states.
Call 877-594-5822 to make a difference in the lives of our veterans!