Make a Difference in the Lives of Our Neglected Heroes
Do you have an old car that has become more of a liability than an asset to you? Whether you have a clunker thatâ€™s been squatting in your garage for ages or a beater thatâ€™s been bleeding your pockets dry with its non-stop repairs and parts replacements, consider donating it to a charity that supports a cause close to your heart.
Peekskill is a thriving city in Westchester county, southeastern New York, on the east bank of the Hudson River, 41 miles north of New York City. It got its name from Jan Peek, a Dutchman who established a trading post in 1654 at the point where a kil (Dutch word for â€śchannelâ€ť or â€ścreekâ€ť) joins the Hudson River.
The city had a population of 24,295 during the 2019 census. Among the locals were 1,105 veterans. Like other cities in America, Peekskill had its share of people living in poverty. They comprised 12.1% of the population, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
We donâ€™t know how many of the veterans in Peekskill live below the poverty line, but it canâ€™t be denied that many of them are living miserable lives. These are our former servicemen and servicewomen who are suffering from service-connected disabilities and mental health issues, those who canâ€™t find decent and stable jobs, and those who have become homeless due to lack of support and extreme poverty.
How You Can Help the Needy Veterans in Your City
You can easily extend a helping hand to the suffering veterans in your city. All you have to do is to hand over your unneeded vehicle to our Peekskill, New York car donations program. When you make such a donation, youâ€™ll be helping improve the living conditions of the veterans together with their families in your local area.
Weâ€™ll have your vehicle auctioned off, with the proceeds going directly to our veteran-focused nonprofit partners. These IRS-approved 501(c)3 nonprofits will use the funding to sustain their delivery of life-enhancing benefits to deserving veterans. The benefits include:
- Housing assistance for veterans who are homeless;
- Educational scholarships and tutoring support for those who seek to pursue higher education;
- Job training and mentoring for those who need to find stable and rewarding employment;
- Financial and other forms of aid for destitute, low-income, and homeless veterans;
- Various forms of assistance for those confined in hospitals;
- Therapeutic activities to help rehabilitate disabled veterans;
- Nature-based psychotherapy, team building, and family dynamics development programs for veterans and their families;
- Peer support for ailing veterans, their families, and caregivers.
Aside from these services, our charity partners sponsor events aimed at encouraging companies and organizations to give back to the veteran community.
How Youâ€™ll Benefit from Your Peekskill, NY Car Donation
You will also benefit if you choose to donate a vehicle to our Peekskill, New York car donations program. Here are the high-value rewards youâ€™ll get for supporting our mission.Â
- Maximized tax deduction
Because we are in partnership with IRS-certified 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, you can claim 100% of the selling price of your vehicle as your tax deduction when you itemize your deductions before filing your federal tax return in the next tax season.
- Free and fast professional towing
You donâ€™t need to worry about the cost of towing because weâ€™ll be the one to shoulder its cost. Towing would cost you a couple of hundreds of dollars, but when you donate a vehicle to us, you wonâ€™t have to spend a single dime for it.
- Goodbye, repair bills
You will no longer need to worry over your bills piling up for the repair, maintenance, and miscellaneous expenses related to owning an old car.
- Feel the priceless satisfaction of giving
Above all, youâ€™ll have the ultimate pleasure and satisfaction of doing something extraordinary that can help uplift the lives of our nationâ€™s heroes.
Hassle-Free Donating in 3 Easy Steps
The donation process we follow in our Peekskill, New York car donations program consists of only 3 steps:
- Contact us.
You can choose to jumpstart your donation process by giving us a call at 877-594-5822 or fill out our secure online donation form. Weâ€™ll need to have your name and contact information, as well as your vehicleâ€™s year, make, model, and mileage. Weâ€™ll also ask you to confirm if you have the vehicleâ€™s title with you and to give us an idea about your carâ€™s working condition.
- We tow your vehicle for free and at your convenience.
As soon as we receive your donation request and verify your given information, weâ€™ll get in touch with you as soon as possible to schedule your vehicleâ€™s fast and free pickup. Weâ€™ll let you pick the date and time for us to take in your donation. A professional towing company will collect your car from a location of your choice and at no cost to you. Youâ€™ll receive a towing receipt from us on the same day. This will allow you to cancel your carâ€™s insurance coverage and deregister your car from your local DMV.
- Receive your tax-deductible receipt by mail.
Within 30 days after the sale of your vehicle, weâ€™ll mail to you your 100% tax-deductible sales receipt.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our donation process and other details, feel free to call us at our toll-free hotline 877-594-5822. You may also write to us here. Check out our FAQs page for more information on our vehicle donation program. Â
The Types of Vehicles We Accept
Our Peekskill, New York car donations program is not exclusive to car donations. We also accommodate other types of vehicles. Whether what youâ€™re donating is in good running condition or not, we will gladly accept it for as long as you can present to us its vehicle title or proof of ownership. If youâ€™ve already lost the title, donâ€™t worry. Just call us and one of our vehicle title experts will help you secure a duplicate copy of your vehicleâ€™s title quickly so you can proceed with your donation.
Below is a list of vehicle types that are very much acceptable to us:
- Cars: sedans, luxury cars, coupes, convertibles, hybrids, sports cars, wagons, hatchbacks
- Vans: family minivans, camper vans, cargo vans, passenger vans
- SUVs: compact, midsize, full-size or crossover versions
- Motorcycles: touring bikes, cruisers, scooters, off-road bikes, mopeds, sports bikes, choppers
- Trucks: box trucks, pickup trucks extended cab pickup, panel trucks, refrigerator trucks, tank trucks
- Boats: fishing boats, sailboats, tugboats, speedboats, houseboats, cruise ships, catamarans, pontoon boats, yachts
- Specialized vehicles: riding lawnmowers, motorized wheelchairs
- Fleet vehicles: SUVs, pickups, trucks, buses, cars, passenger vans, cargo vans, limousines, ambulances, taxicabs
- Recreational vehicles: noncommercial planes; campers travel trailers, snowmobiles, Jet Skis, RVs, motorhomes, pop-up trailers, ATVs
- Work-related vehicles: construction vehicles, tractors, and farm equipment, buses, large trucks, landscaping vehicles
Make One of the Best Decisions in Your Life Today
Donâ€™t miss this chance to transform the lives of our nationâ€™s neglected heroes. Donate your vehicle today by joining our Peekskill, New York car donations program. Call us at 877-594-5822 or fill out our online donation form now!Â