Donate a Vehicle to Support Veteran Charities in Long Beach, California
Each day, veterans begin making a return to civilian life â€” and often meet with many hiccups in the process. Here in Long Beach alone, there are more than 16,000 veterans â€” including those who served in Vietnam, the first and second Gulf War, the Korean War, and World War II.Â
Despite their sacrifices, almost 30% live with some kind of disability, and over 11% are in poverty. This is where our car donation program comes into play. In order to bridge the gap between what government can provide and what former service members need, Veteran Car Donations uses the funds generated in our vehicle donation program to support hurting veterans in the community.
Veteran Car Donations specializes in car donation in Long Beach and beyond, using the generous donations of people like you to supportÂ veteran nonprofitsÂ that are making a tangible difference. If you want to donate a car for veterans inÂ the area, we can help. We service the entire Los Angeles area â€” including nearby communities such as Cypress, Huntington Beach and Torrance. Here is what youâ€™ll need to know.
How Our Process Works
One of the best parts of making a Long Beach vehicle donation with Veteran Car Donations is the easy process. Once you contact us with intentions to donate, weâ€™ll manage everything fromÂ pickupÂ to fund generation to tax receipts. Hereâ€™s how it works:
- Contact Us. Let us know youâ€™re ready to donate and what kind of vehicle you have. You can call or fill out our online donation form to launch the donation process.
- Let Us Tow Your Vehicle. Once you initiate the donation process, weâ€™ll set a time to visit your location and pick up your vehicle. Then, depending on its condition and when it was received, weâ€™ll auction the vehicle to generate funding for a carefully chosen group ofÂ veteran nonprofits.
- Wait for Your Tax Receipt. A few days later, weâ€™ll mail you a tax receipt, at which time you can cancel the vehicleâ€™s insurance and registration.
Types of Vehicles That Qualify
Weâ€™ll accept many types of vehicles for donation, no matter if theyâ€™re currently working or if you have the vehicleâ€™s title. Some examples of the vehicles we accept include:
- Cargo vans
- Motor homes
- Personal watercraft
- Riding lawn mowers
Benefits of Making a Donation in Long Beach, CA
- You Get Rid of a Vehicle. If you have a car or truck you no longer want or need, why keep storing, insuring and maintaining it? Donation lets you put the car to good use.
- No Hassles of Trying to Sell. Anyone whoâ€™s tried to sell a car by owner knows that it can be a hassle. Skip the back-and-forth with potential buyers, and donate instead.
- Potential Tax Benefits. Your donation may qualify for a tax deduction.
- Help for Veterans. Best of all, your donation goes toward helping our nationâ€™s heroes.
How Your Donation Helps Veterans
The nonprofits we work with provide all kinds of services to veterans, including housing assistance, tutoring, family support, grief counseling, mentoring, job training, transitioning assistance, legal aid and more.
Ready to learn more about how to make a difference through car donation? Contact us today to get started!Â Donate Now